I can see my grandchild again!!!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Stradageek

I can see my grandchild again!!!

Post by Stradageek »

So here's the government guidance, quoted in the newspapers, though I'm struggling to find it on the government website

"The government is also amending its guidance to clarify that paid childcare, for example nannies and childminders, can take place subject to being able to meet the public health principles at Annex A, because these are roles where working from home is not possible. This should enable more working parents to return to work."

I'm signing up to be my sons cleaner and my wife is signing up to be the nanny - problem solved :D
rjb

Re: I can see my grandchild again!!!

Post by rjb »

Then you can be furloughed and get the state to pay you while you offer your services for free. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
pwa

Post by pwa »

Stradageek wrote:So here's the government guidance, quoted in the newspapers, though I'm struggling to find it on the government website

"The government is also amending its guidance to clarify that paid childcare, for example nannies and childminders, can take place subject to being able to meet the public health principles at Annex A, because these are roles where working from home is not possible. This should enable more working parents to return to work."

I'm signing up to be my sons cleaner and my wife is signing up to be the nanny - problem solved :D

From a practical point of view you and your wife will become part of your son's household, so if you and they are clear of the virus, all is well. But if they get it, you probably get it too. Your fate is tied in with theirs. So long as you are not in a particularly vulnerable group, with regard to age or underlying health, you might calculate that to be a risk worth taking.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

pwa wrote:From a practical point of view you and your wife will become part of your son's household, so if you and they are clear of the virus, all is well. But if they get it, you probably get it too. Your fate is tied in with theirs. So long as you are not in a particularly vulnerable group, with regard to age or underlying health, you might calculate that to be a risk worth taking.

Twas a joke, but I bet some people will take it up :wink:
pwa

Post by pwa »

Stradageek wrote:
pwa wrote:From a practical point of view you and your wife will become part of your son's household, so if you and they are clear of the virus, all is well. But if they get it, you probably get it too. Your fate is tied in with theirs. So long as you are not in a particularly vulnerable group, with regard to age or underlying health, you might calculate that to be a risk worth taking.

Twas a joke, but I bet some people will take it up :wink:

:lol:
You took me in there, hook, line and sinker.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

pwa wrote:You took me in there, hook, line and sinker.

Sorry about that, sarcasm runs deep in my family, having trouble kicking the habit :)