Beauty Spots

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rmurphy195

Beauty Spots

Post by rmurphy195 »

If you are thinking of going to Earlswood Lakes this weekend be aware of our experiences the other day
    1) Clows Wood car park is closed, so the lanes fill-up with cars!
    2) We came across 3 groups of cyclists on the footpath around the lakes, these expected you to move out of thier way, but there's not much space to do so
    3) Most people are sensible, using gaps in the trees, and the fishing platforms, as passing places. But even so there were a handful who simply didn't seem to care
    4) Many of the fishing platforms are rotting and are being replaced, so passing space becomes limited - even more so since people are using them as picnic spots!

These expereinces of course are likley to be repeated in other places, So - be alert, be aware, safe, be sensible, and avoid crowds - Cheers - Richard
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Oldjohnw

Re: Beauty Spots

Post by Oldjohnw »

Rather typically, I fear, the government says you can travel any distance to go to a beauty spot including national parks and the seaside, whilst the national parks and seaside towns say "don't come here".
John
pwa

Re: Beauty Spots

Post by pwa »

A usually popular car park on the coast not far from here has had cones and signs closing it off since the lockdown began. And the ban on car trips to the beach still applies here in Wales. A few days ago I understand that locals observed a visitor make a gap in the obstructions, drive into a secluded part of the car park, then restore the obstructions to hide their presence. When they returned to their car they had the police waiting (someone had phoned) and all four tyres slashed. Such was the anger of a few locals. On a busy weekend in summer that car park can have hundreds of cars and camper vans in it, so I can appreciate the anxiety if not the vandalism.