A funny kind of tea shop?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Should contentious threads (politics, Brexit etc) be moved to their own subforum?

Yes, I think contentious topics (politics, Brexit and so on) should be discussed in their own subforum.
54%
No, I think all non-cycling discussion should remain in the Tea Shop.
46%

Total votes: 26

kwackers

Re: A funny kind of tea shop?

Postby kwackers » 14 Jun 2020, 3:20pm

There's only one good reason to have another section and that's when there are so many of one particular type of thread in the section that everything else is drowned out and lost in the noise.
It's the reason there's an helmet section, helmet threads were so prominent they swamped the others.

In the tea shop there really aren't that many threads and certainly not enough political posts to swamp the others.

If you don't like them, don't look (and definitely don't participate - that would be daft).

If you want some sort of feel good post then simply post one or comment on an existing one to keep it current - but be warned, if there are too many feel good posts then we might be arguing they'd be better off in their own section... :wink:

Cyril Haearn

Postby Cyril Haearn » 14 Jun 2020, 3:42pm

I think these fora could be likened to those august societies for argument, debate, opinion-forming, at the great universities, the Oxford Union springs to mind, or the Bullingdon Club maybe :wink:

Score is 12:12, who has a casting vote?
Entertainer, intellectual, idealist, PoB, 60097
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies

Freddie

Postby Freddie » 19 Jun 2020, 4:04pm

Seems to be 13 to 12 in favour now. I know the poll doesn't carry much weight, but no word from mods on this? I note things have only got more heated in the time since this thread was started.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 19 Jun 2020, 6:27pm

Freddie wrote: ...... I note things have only got more heated in the time since this thread was started.

No it hasn't! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.