When considering N+1

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
belgiangoth

When considering N+1

Postby belgiangoth » 20 Jun 2020, 3:36pm

Am I the only one who
spends about 95% of my time researching and at most 5% actually trying the bike out
Has an N+1 I want but would probably never get used, an N+1 that would get used but doesn't really excite me and something in between
starts thinking about N+1 as I purchase bike N
Budgets the cost of N+1 and saves over the years, only to find that N+1 has double in price in the time it took to save up
ends up spending as much time thinking about a possible new bike as riding the ones he has
?
If I had a baby elephant, it would point out that there is no evidence for planing. Then it would eat all my bananas.

99.9%certain

Re: When considering N+1

Postby 99.9%certain » 20 Jun 2020, 4:05pm

I don't buy off the peg so when I want an N+1 I decide what I want then start by buying a Frame-set.I then build it to my specifications over the coming months.I then get the exact N+1 I want and rather than saving for it I'm buying parts every month with the money I would have saved up.That way I see it through every stage and don't have to wait 6 or 12 months to actually have something that resembles an N+1!I have the N+1 as soon as the frame-set is in my possession it's just in kit form :wink: :mrgreen: