advert banned by French tv

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

advert banned by French tv

Post by simonineaston »

So, I read that this advert, from Dutch bike maker VanMoof has been banned in France for "creating a climate of fear". That's a pity really, 'cos it seems bang on to me. It's OK for the car makers to make endless stupid adverts that fantasize about the freedom and speed of their death-dealing product, but when the boot's on the other foot, they don't like it - shame, I say! (Although in fairness, it was the French tv regulator that banned it!)
The article in The Grauniad is here.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
reohn2

Re: advert banned by French tv

Post by reohn2 »

A climate of fear! :?
Bonkers,the advert is as you say bang on.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

whats wrong with that? it dont criticise BLM once
ossie

Post by ossie »

mercalia wrote:whats wrong with that? it dont criticise BLM once

snigger

The French love their cars more than their bikes, mainly because for a large % of the population they are a necessity.
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

ossie wrote:The French love their cars more than their bikes, mainly because for a large % of the population they are a necessity.

Have read a story about Jacques Anquetil (possibly other French rider someone will know!) where at an race/event/function he is annoyed to see his girlfriend leaning against his very expensive car

He reprimands, her to which she says, 'You only care about your car, then me, then your bike'; to which he responded, 'Wrong order, it's the bike, then the car, then you'.

Possibly apocryphal, but Anquetil had a famously involved and scandulous sex life!