Are you going to the pub?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Are you going to the pub?

Post by Mick F »

Walked Sailor-the Doggie today maybe four miles.
Called in at the White Hart and then the Rising Sun en route.
Was in the Queens Head yesterday too.

Next walk is to the Tamar Inn and the Boot Inn, then over the next few days it'll be the Rifle Volunteer and the Carpenters Arms.
The Buccaneer Inn isn't open as yet for a while, but the Cornish Arms is so that's the next call.

The world is our oyster here. :D

Nine pubs within walking distance.
Ten, if you include the social club.
I mean it, walking distance. You could do all nine/ten in a day.

How are you for pubs?
Mick F. Cornwall
ferrit worrier

Re: Are you going to the pub?

Post by ferrit worrier »

not too bad, most have restaurants attached certainly not walking distance for Mrs FW probably half a dozen in a 2 mile radius.

What about a bottle of this for Sailor :lol:

7123079PL.jpg
7123079PL.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

We have a couple, just about walkable (2 miles +/- 10%)

But I won't be going at weekends (never do anyway) or at any other time unless I can sit outside. Not until I've got a wee bit more confidence in any case!

One thing I did think of, hearing the report of the Burnham-on-Sea pub a couple of days ago - we have just booked a holiday cottage at the end of August, so I won't be going for a pub meal during that month (missing out on the chancellors voucher today!) - 'cos I don't want to risk getting a call to say that a customer of the pub has succumbed to Covid-19, thus meaning the hol might have to be cancelled!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Beer for dogs! :lol:
He prefers porky scratchings or plain water of course, but not tried him on beer ........... as that's my department.

I have been told that the pubs locally did more meals during the lockdown than they did beforehand.
Also, because they didn't need serving staff or bar staff, and not needed a pot-wash for plates and stuff, the monies taken didn't have to go so far.
Mick F. Cornwall
dodger

Post by dodger »

Imagine if Mick F is a super-spreader without knowing it! - He will single-handedly have created his own pandemic in S E Cornwall.
There is no way I'm entering a pub until I'm satisfied there is no more risk.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Our village pub hasn't reopened yet. But there are several cider clubs nearby so i wont be missing it. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Lakelander

Post by Lakelander »

8 within a 15 minute walk(less than a mile)and 6 more under 2miles.Theres also 5 WMCs.4 more have closed in the last 5 years.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Pub round the corner from us hasn't opened yet, we've been here 12yrs and only ever been in twice.
Anyway, paying £3.50 a pint to line somebody else's pocket is a mugs game. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

dodger wrote:Imagine if Mick F is a super-spreader without knowing it! - He will single-handedly have created his own pandemic in S E Cornwall.
There is no way I'm entering a pub until I'm satisfied there is no more risk.
The White Hart Inn Chilsworthy I was in with doggie yesterday had two other people in - me making three - all socially distant.

https://www.whitehartchilsworthy.com
Mick F. Cornwall
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

How many were actually selling Oysters Mick?

Now then let's see:

The world is my beermat?

The world is my spittoon?

The world is my pork scratchings?

:wink:
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

Had my first pub beer for 3 months yesterday.
Was pleased to find that not much had changed except that beers were delivered to, and paid for at, the table.
Pretty empty, which was a bit sad. I hope things pick up but I worry that they won't (as with so many other things).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

No, not until we can get outside into the garden. Just peering through the newly-painted windows suggests that the disciplines advised aren't in place.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Assuming that you can afford to pay for it and that will see will come with whether or not you've been sacked made redundant, because there is no work available the firm has gone bust or simply that they didn't want you anymore/you're not really regarded as a key worker because your work is poor.

mind you if you're happy to waste time throwing projectiles at the back of peoples heads/have a sulk because you've been told not to enter your workplace to early and annoy the other shift workers who haven't finished the job yet, then you can probably expect to be given the push.
Of course these two individuals probably didn't deserve a job in the first place, one of them would stand over and bully my partner, the other one was kicked out of Sainsbury's in disgrace.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Haven't been in a pub since about a week before lockdown.
Planning to visit an elderly person soon so i think it will be sometime in august, maybe late, before I do.
Sweep