Neverspoons App

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Neverspoons App

Post by Oldjohnw »

Mr Martin appears to having some difficulty obtaining staff and wants a special case made for EU citizens. Oh the irony!

I am glad that I am helping Mr Martin with his need for more staff. I will simply continue to keep away from his establishments.
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

There are serious labour shortages everywhere here in the West Country. This is allegedy due to the fact that 1.5 million European citizens have gone home. This is forcing employers of restaurant and hotel staff and veg pickers to increase wages substantially, up to £15 per hour in some cases.
Exactly what I predicted post Brexit. Costs to the consumer be will have to go up but thats fair enough IMO. Paying slave wages to the low paid is not on.

Tim may have to increase the price of a pint to three quid! :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Sweep wrote: 4 Jun 2021, 1:01pm By all means take that pic, bring that other matter up with the management.
Postscript re the 'blocked cycle racks' issue.

My wife did take the matter up with the Town Mayor (who's a good friend of ours), and she then had a quick word with W*therspoons. And lo and behold! This morning (Saturday) the tables were indeed set well clear of the cycle racks. Job done (hopefully)! I suppose a warning from the Mayor does indeed carry more weight!

Much as I dislike 'spoons, and its flamboyant owner, and would not go there myself; I'm well aware that it's a popular watering-hole for many people. And I wouldn't wish for any punitive action to adversely impact the footfall in the town: it's bad enough as it is, what with lockdowns and the town re-development (which isn't going anywhere at present... :( ).

'Softly softly' is way2go!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

661-Pete wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 11:01am
Sweep wrote: 4 Jun 2021, 1:01pm By all means take that pic, bring that other matter up with the management.
Postscript re the 'blocked cycle racks' issue.

My wife did take the matter up with the Town Mayor (who's a good friend of ours), and she then had a quick word with W*therspoons. And lo and behold! This morning (Saturday) the tables were indeed set well clear of the cycle racks. Job done (hopefully)! I suppose a warning from the Mayor does indeed carry more weight!

Much as I dislike 'spoons, and its flamboyant owner, and would not go there myself; I'm well aware that it's a popular watering-hole for many people. And I wouldn't wish for any punitive action to adversely impact the footfall in the town: it's bad enough as it is, what with lockdowns and the town re-development (which isn't going anywhere at present... :( ).

'Softly softly' is way2go!
well glad that's sorted.
remind me which town this is?
as regards footfall, i can imagine them and many of the resorts/nice places they are in having a bumper summer, weather willing, after this year plus of hell - lots of folk holidaying in the UK rather than flying abroad to drink fizz. Many of these will be places most foreign tourists wouldn't get to or even consider so there won't be much of a loss on the other side - they tend to have a small list of favoured places I think - London - edinburgh - york - oxford - cambridge etc.
Sweep