Neverspoons App

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Ben@Forest

Re: Neverspoons App

Post by Ben@Forest »

Sweep wrote:
A statement from Wetherspoons states: "Please note that Wetherspoon has a policy of not allowing dogs in its pubs, including all outside areas. (Assistance Dogs excepted).

thanks for the info.
their call.
some owners are somewhat tolerant of their toilet arrangements.
and lots of families with small kids use spoons.

It's just a numbers game, in establishments which often seat over 100 a couple of dogs is fine, 30 dogs isn't. I once saw a dog fight in a pub, it caused chaos.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I shiver at the words "[dogs'] toilet arrangements" and "spoons" being in the same sentence.
John
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I wonder whether I should visit some wotherspoonses to see who is right, those who love them or those who hate them, or both? :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Gammon and chips with a drink for £8.50!
I've not been in one since February though!!
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

philvantwo wrote:Gammon and chips with a drink for £8.50!
I've not been in one since February though!!

Doesn't strike me as especially cheap for a spoons.
Premium gammon and chips?
The mixed grill and a strong beer has got me through a few long rides.
Sweep
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I wonder whether I should visit some wotherspoonses to see who is right, those who love them or those who hate them, or both? :wink:

No one is right or wrong, its all a matter of opinion. My observation is that Wetherspoons is a highly successful business that people obviously like. Its owner is Britains second highest private taxpayer after Rowling, a measure of its success. It serves drinks at significantly low prices and modest pub food. It doesnt permit slot machines or jukeboxes a feature which many people like too.

As has been observed you could do worse than trying some museum visits... :wink:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Whose off to a Spoons next week? Lunch at the Cosy Club for us!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I shall continue boycotting the said organisation, along with my Silent Majority :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Syd

Post by Syd »

Indoor pints, and hugs, I’ll pass on both for the foreseeable.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Syd wrote: 10 May 2021, 6:08pm Indoor pints, and hugs, I’ll pass on both for the foreseeable.
Hugging the barstaff is frowned upon.
Sweep
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sweep wrote:
Syd wrote: 10 May 2021, 6:08pm Indoor pints, and hugs, I’ll pass on both for the foreseeable.
Hugging the barstaff is frowned upon.
Pheww!! Image
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Cyril Haearn wrote: 10 May 2021, 5:50pm I shall continue boycotting the said organisation, along with my Silent Majority :wink:
I'm sure they will be chuffed :lol: as will the whole of East Angular...

Al
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

al_yrpal wrote: 8 Aug 2020, 11:02am It doesnt permit slot machines or jukeboxes a feature which many people like too.
Not quite, they have no jukeboxes, or music, in part because it means no need to pay a prs license.

Slot/game machines are found in some spoons though. The ones adjacent to Cardiff central and Bristol temple meads for example.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote: 10 May 2021, 5:50pm I shall continue boycotting the said organisation, along with my Silent Majority :wink:
It's a bit difficult to boycott a place one's never been to and has no plans to go to - but I'll do my best! Well, it's not that hard!

Truth is, we're not really pub-goers, these days. In recent years, when I was still at work, it was a matter of sending off a departing colleague and/or the Xmas lunch. Since then (up until the lockdown), meetings of Greens and of XR's. Yes, even we eco-warriors are in need of refreshment sometimes! I usually opt for an orange juice - alcohol no longer agrees with me. :oops: :(

And since the lockdown: zilch. If there's a resumption of in-pub meetings as above (never at ****erspoons), I'll go.

But if I had occasion to boycott ******spoons, I would. Out of disrespect for the egregious Mr Martin, that is... :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

He's done well for himself and as Harry Enfield would say..
'He's considerably more richer than yow'!!
Last edited by philvantwo on 11 May 2021, 7:14am, edited 1 time in total.