heat, haircut & hat - warning!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: heat, haircut & hat - warning!

Post by mercalia »

I just popped my head out side and goodness it is HOT outside.I wont be going far out side today, way too hot. Or I may go to the common and set up my hammock under some trees :D
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Went out along the canal with the boy. 10:45 to 12:20. Tried to get out sooner but couldn't manage it. Way too warm by the end. Plenty of water and stops. The shady sections were nice though.

Not felt like doing much since we got back.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

simonineaston wrote:Recently, a lot of us have adopted the Lockdown BuzzCut. I have - and very fetching I look too, I must say... but I'm not dim, either so I bought a lightweight baseball cap to protect my newly shorn nut. But I under-estimated the power of the mid-summer sun to shoot UV through a light weave and of course, there's not much hair there to help now either. I've gone through the pain so you don't have to! :roll: Factor 50 rubbed into the scalp might be a new sensation for all but the naturally balding, but don't overlook its benefits.

Big floppy hat, job done!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

too hot to go out side. close the curtains and turn on the fans and have a pail of water near by to sprinkle over arms?
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

No doubt somebody in devon will be walking round his garden with no clothes and just a hat on!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Navara

Post by Navara »

I went out yesterday after freshly shaving my head the night before.I decided as it was 30 degrees I'd not wear my cap so lathered my bonce in sunscreen factor 50.
Big mistake....every single climb resulted in eyes full of sweat and sunscreen :x Is they anything worse than sunscreen in your eyes when riding :roll:
I will stick to my cap in future.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

The previous hot, single day saw me get the clippers out. There's nothing worse than a thick head of hair inside a cap to cause your head to overheat, I mean even bears lose fur in Summer! :lol:

Today beard went. Not an impressive beard more like thick stubble, but it all helps to keep cool.