Corruption

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Corruption

Postby Oldjohnw » 19 Aug 2020, 11:34am

I wonder how many people know that Baroness Dido Harding's husband, the Tory MP John Penrose, is Johnson's Corruption Tsar.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/john-penrose.

It all starts to make sense.
John

merseymouth

Re: Corruption

Postby merseymouth » 19 Aug 2020, 1:18pm

Hi, Who was it said - "The only good thing about nepotism is that it's kept in the family.".
Bent as a nine bob note! MM

mumbojumbo

Postby mumbojumbo » 19 Aug 2020, 7:33pm

Harding(Dame Dido) ran Talk Talk when this happened.

https://www.hayesconnor.co.uk/talktalk- ... nd-online/

Says a lot about the honours system

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 20 Aug 2020, 6:23am

There is some good news...

Unlike his wife's appointment, there is unequivocal proof of his experience in the field

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 20 Aug 2020, 8:57am

Why am I not surprised?
-----------------------------------------------------------

kwackers

Postby kwackers » 20 Aug 2020, 9:15am

Millions paid for various dodgy contracts, some to "mates" some to companies that have no trading record, jobs to unqualified "mates" the ripping down of various bodies, replacing others presumably to get more agreeable institutions, the turfing out of people that don't agree with them...

I'm not sure I've ever seen the like before and hardly anyone seems to be taking a blind bit of notice, too wrapped up in who should or shouldn't be wearing masks.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 20 Aug 2020, 9:16am

I was having this conversation with my wife only yesterday. She's made an utter Horlicks of everything she's touched as far as I can see.

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 20 Aug 2020, 9:33am

Oldjohnw wrote:I wonder how many people know that Baroness Dido Harding's husband, the Tory MP John Penrose, is Johnson's Corruption Tsar. It all starts to make sense.
If only it were that straightforward. Penrose is a neo-liberal stalwart and active in the think-tank called 1828. One of their long-held views is that the NHS should be dismantled and replaced by an American-style insurance system.
When you've finished mulling over that, go and have a look at the number of contracts that have been awarded to a company, without competitive tender, ironically named Public First and run by long-standing chums of Gove & Cummings, with respect to the exam algorithm scandal, then get your calculator out and work out how much of our hard-earned tax that amounts to...
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 20 Aug 2020, 10:23am

...and I forgot about Dido and Hancock being very pally on the subject of horse racing, too. Keep you calculator out, so you can tot up all the donations made by horse racing industry figures directly to Hancock... MP for Newmarket.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 20 Aug 2020, 10:28am

And apparently Lady Harding, instead of running track and trace as her job required, was preparing for the shut down of PHE.

Harding was on the board at Cheltenham Race course. Another Tory MP's wife, was chair at Aintree. She unfortunately died in mysterious circumstances. Hancock got £100,000 from Newmarket.
John

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 20 Aug 2020, 10:48am

It's not just a few wacky cycling enthusiasts who think this stinks - a substantial number of MPs can't get their head round it as well as sundry long-standing health service professionals...
Her performance heading up the track and trace project eerily mirrors that of hers as CEO of Talk-Talk - lost data, naiviety & underperformance... for which naturally she was paid eye-watering amounts of cash. Went to Oxford at same time as, and was chums with, David Cameron...

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 20 Aug 2020, 10:59am

simonineaston wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:I wonder how many people know that Baroness Dido Harding's husband, the Tory MP John Penrose, is Johnson's Corruption Tsar. It all starts to make sense.
If only it were that straightforward. Penrose is a neo-liberal stalwart and active in the think-tank called 1828. One of their long-held views is that the NHS should be dismantled and replaced by an American-style insurance system.
When you've finished mulling over that, go and have a look at the number of contracts that have been awarded to a company, without competitive tender, ironically named Public First and run by long-standing chums of Gove & Cummings, with respect to the exam algorithm scandal, then get your calculator out and work out how much of our hard-earned tax that amounts to...

It' not just the money there are 50,000 dead due to C19 and this government's total and utter incompetence and corruption.

People generally don't realise just how bad things have become,and set to get a whole lot worse.
We point a finger at the orange moron across the pond,but this bunch are just as bad if not worse and even more corrupt :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 20 Aug 2020, 11:34am

Quite apart from the objections I have, that this individual seems to be a) characterised by naiviety and a total lack of stellar achievements b) and is far too closely aligned to a number of agencies with long histories of persuing the goal of privatising the NHS (and that's putting it politely - less polite commentators would simply call that idea, "monetising poor health..."), my principal objection to her appointment is this:
It is simply IMPOSSIBLE that there is not a far better candidate out there, who could do the job 100 x better, were they to have the opportunity to give it a try. Someone with a proven track record of suitable experience as opposed to someone whose cv is charcterised by work in retail, maximising profit, treating customers like rubbish and losing their data... the only record that woman's managed to break is the size of the fine levied on Talk-Talk...

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 20 Aug 2020, 11:54am

All this happens when parliament is in recess and the PM is invisible. No accountability.
John

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 20 Aug 2020, 12:04pm

Oldjohnw wrote:I wonder how many people know that Baroness Dido Harding's husband, the Tory MP John Penrose, is Johnson's Corruption Tsar.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/john-penrose.

It all starts to make sense.

The sales of Private Eye are are reported as being just over 230,000. Assuming they are mostly bought to be read and some are shared by more than one reader, perhaps we might take a broad-brush stab at a quarter of a million.

The biggy is "how many people don't know, and by implication, don't care?"