Flu 'jab'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Flu 'jab'

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I am off down to the local church on saturday to get my jab :P
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

So is this jab only available to southerners ?
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Jdsk wrote:
mumbojumbo wrote:What type of flu is covered?

For adults:
"The national influenza immunisation programme 2020 to 2021. Inactivated influenza vaccine information for healthcare practitioners"
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/917251/Inactivated_influenza_vaccine-information_for_healthcare_practitioners_2020_to_2021.pdf

For the 2020 to 2021 flu season (northern hemisphere winter), it is recommended that quadrivalent vaccines contain the following:
Egg-based vaccines
• A/Guangdong-Maonan/SWL1536/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
• A/Hong Kong/2671/2019 (H3N2)-like virus
• B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus
• B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage)-like virus
Cell- or recombinant-based vaccines
• A/Hawaii/70/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
• A/Hong Kong/45/2019 (H3N2)-like virus
• B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus
• B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage)-like virus
This vaccine composition differs from the 2019 to 2020 vaccine composition as both influenza A virus strains and one of the B virus strains have been replaced.
The influenza B component in the 2020 to 2021 trivalent vaccines will be the B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus.

Jonathan

And as per most years, won't do squat to prevent flu, over 40 years of research has proven that flu vaccines are ineffective snake oil, the money piddled down the drain would be better spent elsewhere that has significantly more positive effects on preventing ILI. 71 vaccinations to prevent ONE laboratory case of influenza. That comes from Cochrane meta analysis. https://www.afp-digital.org/afp/august_ ... eId1508329

If people want to subject themselves to neurotoxic aluminium that's up to them, but I won't be taking another vaccine shot ever.
The vile personal abuse aside from Natural Ankling (why the mods haven't banned them for that disgusting attack I don't know!), it's my decision, it's my life and it's frankly none of anyone's business that I choose not to.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Everyone has got their right to comment on posts.

I am going to apologize for my name calling to the utility cyclist, sorry.
Below the belt I admit.

But it is advised by the rules that whatever, you don't retaliate to any such comments....................complain to the mods and let them decide.

As for the subject of the post, we are all free to add comments / opinions on the subject.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

And as per most years, won't do squat to prevent flu, over 40 years of research has proven that flu vaccines are ineffective snake oil, the money piddled down the drain would be better spent elsewhere that has significantly more positive effects on preventing ILI. 71 vaccinations to prevent ONE laboratory case of influenza. That comes from Cochrane meta analysis. https://www.afp-digital.org/afp/august_ ... eId1508329

If people want to subject themselves to neurotoxic aluminium that's up to them, but I won't be taking another vaccine shot ever.
The vile personal abuse aside from Natural Ankling (why the mods haven't banned them for that disgusting attack I don't know!), it's my decision, it's my life and it's frankly none of anyone's business that I choose not to.

Would you take same view with a Covid jab,without the aluminium content?I am tempted to defer and need guidance.are you on the NICE panel?
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

mercalia wrote:if you want to start freaking out and see the real truth behind covid-19 watch Utopia ( 2020) from Amazon

[youtube]IastSMSmWgw[/youtube]

This is a sanitised version of the UK original but still not bad

Health Warning: cliché overdose can be fatal.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Guardian article on the state of supplies.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/oct/04/gp-surgeries-england-left-waiting-flu-vaccine-supplies-covid

Jonathan

PS: Wouldn't it all be better and simpler if all of this were done with much more transparency?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

simonineaston wrote:The subject of vaccinations does bring out the worst in (some of) us humans - suspicion, derision, disbelief - even that hoary old chestnut, the conspiracy theory... let 'em get on with, I say, Jonathan. Leave them's as want to fret over it all to their own devices. :wink:

Hmmmm I wonder if they ever get around to asking themselves why Polio and Smallpox have been eradicated in many countries,
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

why Polio and Smallpox have been eradicated in many countries
That's the brilliant thing about conspiracy theories - those so inclined to favour them can always come up with an alternative explanation for anything! Mind you, I'm all in favour of a healthy amount of sceptiscism, but like all things, it's enjoyed best when in moderation. Stay well, folks :-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I think smallpox has been totally eliminated everywhere. The only disease that does now belong in the past.
John
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

I had the jab 10 days ago and so far no flu like side effects, which usually show themselves a few days later.
Took 3 grams of vitamin C a week either side of injection - this may or may not be the reason why I felt fine for a change.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:I think smallpox has been totally eliminated everywhere. The only disease that does now belong in the past.

Not quite. There are still some laboratory samples left with debate over whether or not they should be destroyed.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:I think smallpox has been totally eliminated everywhere. The only disease that does now belong in the past.

Not quite. There are still some laboratory samples left with debate over whether or not they should be destroyed.

Totally eliminated as in the human population.
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Oldjohnw wrote:Totally eliminated as in the human population.

There's one other disease that used to affect a different group of animals.

And four more current programmes and five further candidates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eradication_of_infectious_diseases

Jonathan

PS: In case anyone doesn't know the strange story of the last case of smallpox:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_smallpox_outbreak_in_the_United_Kingdom
Last edited by Jdsk on 5 Oct 2020, 9:32am, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The utility cyclist wrote:
Jdsk wrote:Are you saying that Khan didn't have a 'flu jab?

Yes, that is what I am saying...

Full Fact with what must be the least surprising piece of fact checking of all time:
https://fullfact.org/online/sadiq-khan-flu-jab/

Jonathan