NHS Track and Trace

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

NHS Track and Trace

Post by pete75 »

06-10-2020 13-59-07.png
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Re: NHS Track and Trace

Post by mercalia »

should be interactive?

suggestions for the Yes and No?

Yes:
No:
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Ignore it and hope it goes away
Appoint the data leak queen to manage IT
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Track and trace app can’t be downloaded by most over 60s because their smartphones are too old, survey finds

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/19/track-trace-app-cant-downloaded-60s-smartphones-old-survey-finds/?
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Afternoon all, There is no likelihood that there will be a technical solution for behavioural tracking, so all emphasis on it's use in this pandemic is pointless!
Bear in mind a few points, people who don't own a mobile phone, people who have the wrong generation of phone, people who don't have their phone on unless in immediate use, even if it is the right type, people who have the right type of phone which is switched on but who wouldn't install any control App, people who only use their for texting so don't follow like sheep by constantly staring at the silly thing, so how many obliging folk will join in with this silly process? Don't think that will give a valid statistical picture of the spread of the virus, so seems futile in my eyes. MM
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

One of the purposes of the app is to add information into the Test, Trace, Isolate process for individuals. That's quite distinct from giving "a valid statistical picture of the spread of the virus".

The limitations on the technology that will support this limit its overall value, but they don't mean that it can't make a contribution.

It was only ever part of the process, and could only work with effective testing and effective tracing. Neither of those have yet reached the performance we should expect.

Jonathan