When it rains

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
cycleruk

When it rains

Postby cycleruk » 14 Oct 2020, 2:05pm

https://www.fastcompany.com/3055334/whe ... hts-faster

Any chance of this happening here. ?
You'll never know if you don't try it.

peetee

Re: When it rains

Postby peetee » 14 Oct 2020, 3:16pm

I wish. That is so far removed from the reality of UK transport policy.
I think the possibility of automatically retracting obstructive street furniture in cycle lanes is more likely.
Current status report:
Back on two wheels in deepest Pastyland and loving every minute. Mission: to enjoy big, bad hills again.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 14 Oct 2020, 3:24pm

No chance.
There's a possibility if you try getting past a jam of cars in the UK a driver might just jump out and assault you for touching his precious car :?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Cowsham

Postby Cowsham » 14 Oct 2020, 3:34pm

Rain doesn't bother me cos every time it rains a big sea eagle flies above me and takes the water on his wings. I tell him just circle at the lights.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 14 Oct 2020, 11:39pm

reohn2 wrote:No chance.
There's a possibility if you try getting past a jam of cars in the UK a driver might just jump out and assault you for touching his precious car :?

Imagine the looks I get palming off cars parked on the pavement whilst I wheel up the road to get my daughter from school.

They really shouldn’t park on the pavement, and the looks go from anger to sheepish pretty fast when they realise they’re about to be angry about the fact that they have blocked the way of a wheelchair user...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.