Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by thirdcrank »

... some Conservative Think-Tank....
Check her CV. She's been left, right and centre, a bit like the Vicar of Bray
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

thirdcrank wrote: 8 Dec 2021, 10:21pm
... some Conservative Think-Tank....
Check her CV. She's been left, right and centre, a bit like the Vicar of Bray
Most important thing might be: Latymer

Ian
pwa

Post by pwa »

Boris seems to have lost any support he had from the front pages of the DM and the Sun, and on the BBC they are coming as close as makes no difference to calling him a liar. The Telegraph has a front page piece saying he must resign if he misled Parliament about the alleged party. I also believe a lot of his own backbenchers are well and truly peed off with him, so all in all I think he could see his support pulled away pretty quickly if and when something emerges that sticks to him more personally than this party he didn't go to. If, for example, he went to another party during last winter's lockdown, that could sink him. He is daft enough to have done that. I reckon he is one good scandal away from having the Tory party knives come out. One lives in hope.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

pwa wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 4:41am I reckon he is one good scandal away from having the Tory party knives come out.
North Shropshire by-election odds now about evens for the Conservative and the Liberal Democrat.

Jonathan
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Is it too much to hope the Tory party will ditch this buffoon,con man and liar?
If so forget any Christmas presents for me this will be enough.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:00am Is it too much to hope the Tory party will ditch this buffoon,con man and liar?
If you were Sunak/ Gove/ Truss/ Hunt would you rather take over now or in say a year from now?

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:00am If so forget any Christmas presents for me this will be enough.
I hope you have a happy Christmas. : - )

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote: 8 Dec 2021, 9:37pm And within a few days she'll quietly be getting a new highly lucrative job in some Conservative Think-Tank.

(Or maybe I'm a cynic but who isn't after the Westminster farce of the last few weeks/months)

Ian
You're probably right.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:00am Is it too much to hope the Tory party will ditch this buffoon,con man and liar?
New Year will see a new PM IMO,but that said little will change if happens,

"....Meet the new boss,same as the old boss...."
Won't get fooled again

Only trouble,is we do!
Last edited by reohn2 on 9 Dec 2021, 9:28am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:16am
New Year will see a new PM IMO,but that said little will change if happens,"new boss,same as the old boss".....
I'm just hoping that along with Boris going comes a shift to being a bit less dishonest.
Until we get rid of the Tories at a GE then it's the best I can hope for.
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:19am
New Year will see a new PM IMO,but that said little will change if happens,"new boss,same as the old boss".....
I'm just hoping that along with Boris going comes a shift to being a bit less dishonest.
I am doubtful we will get rid of the Tories at the next GE.Their voters think they're doing a good job and there is no opposition :| If at any point Starmer becomes a threat they'll start a smear campaign and the electorate will lap it up as they did with Corbyn.
I think we're stuck with them for the foreseeable :(
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:19am
The Tory machine is still the same it's raison d'etre is profit,party,country,in that order
"Meet the new boss same as the old boss" who like Johnson will promise the earth on a golden platter with lots of dodgy money to back up any GE campaign.
Democracy is being bought and sold on the open market and the electorate are falling for it hook line and sinker......
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Hellhound wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:29amI am doubtful we will get rid of the Tories at the next GE.Their voters think they're doing a good job and there is no opposition...
"Do you approve or disapprove of the Government’s record to date?"
(All voters, not supporters or Conservatives)
Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 09.38.22.png
Is there a good series for approval by supporters, anyone?

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:39am
Hellhound wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:29amI am doubtful we will get rid of the Tories at the next GE.Their voters think they're doing a good job and there is no opposition...

Jonathan
"Meet the new boss,same as the old boss"

Problem is,the new boss will seem,on the face of it,very different to the old boss but ultimately nothing will change,promises will be made just like the old bosses(Blair,Cameron,May,Johnson) promised.
But NOTHING will change.
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:46am

Problem is,the new boss will seem,on the face of it,very different to the old boss but ultimately nothing will change,promises will be made just like the old bosses(Blair,Cameron,May,Johnson) promised.
But NOTHING will change.
There's one bit on which we might disagree...

I'd be very happy never to see a Conservative government again, but the anti-constitutional actions and behaviour of this Prime Minister and this government are better considered separately from the Left-Right axis.

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:53am
reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:46am

But NOTHING will change.
There's one bit on which we might disagree...

I'd be very happy never to see a Conservative government again, but the anti-constitutional actions and behaviour of this Prime Minister and this government are better considered separately from the Left-Right axis.

Jonathan
I'll only be happy when I see those actions over the past two years rescinded by the new boss and johnson publicly shown up for the charlaton he most definitly is by that new boss!
I'm not holding my breath......
W H Auden