Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Oldjohnw »

Matt Hancock, former Secretary of State for Health has lost his job as UN Covid recovery special representative to Africa before he started. They must have now read the report.

Suggestions for alternative employment?
John
PhilD28

Post by PhilD28 »

How about breaking rocks in a chain gang?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PhilD28 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 4:48pm How about breaking rocks in a chain gang?
For eternity wouldn't be long enough!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I thought about care worker but then realised that these roles were actually skilled despite the minimum pay.
John
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I would suggest handyman/caretaker in a care home but I doubt he would have the skills required.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Mike Sales wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 5:47pm I would suggest handyman/caretaker in a care home but I doubt he would have the skills required.
Cleaning the toilets...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

661-Pete wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 8:11pm
Mike Sales wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 5:47pm I would suggest handyman/caretaker in a care home but I doubt he would have the skills required.
Cleaning the toilets...
He could be given an intensive bog brush course by a fierce sarn't major.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

How sinister is this? Raab wants a mechanism to “correct court judgements”.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-echr ... eme-court/

Why bother with courts at all? And why bother with elections, or even parliament?
John
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Oldjohnw wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 4:03pm Matt Hancock, former Secretary of State for Health has lost his job as UN Covid recovery special representative to Africa before he started. They must have now read the report.

Suggestions for alternative employment?
Africa was not happy and had already been taking "avoiding action"
https://www.newsbiscuit.com/post/africa-disguises-itself-as-south-america-to-avoid-matt-hancock wrote:Africa disguises itself as South America, to avoid Matt Hancock
The world's second-largest and second-most populous continent, has decided it is easier to adopt a fake Mexican accent and poncho covering 30 million km², rather than take advice from Matt Hancock. The prospect of having the shamed former minister as an UN envoy, has caused a continental drift of 8000 miles and has left a rather large gap below Spain.

Speaking from an undisclosed location, somewhere in the vicinity of coffee beans, Africa said: ‘Initially we thought we could just hide behind the curtains when he came knocking but a lot of women expressed alarm. After all we’ve got 1.3 billion people, so there is a very real risk that one lady might find him attractive. Law of big numbers says someone has self-esteem that low’.
Ian
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Have just discovered where Johnson found his ideas and speaking style.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Oldjohnw wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 2:14pm How sinister is this? Raab wants a mechanism to “correct court judgements”.

Why bother with courts at all? And why bother with elections, or even parliament?
Extremely.

DAG's blog in response:
https://davidallengreen.com/2021/10/lor ... arliament/

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 2:14pm How sinister is this? Raab wants a mechanism to “correct court judgements”.

Sorry missed this post.

Very sinister,but then he's second in command of the most sinister government I've seen in my lifetime and I include the Thatcher and Blair governments in that.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Yes. I've been saying that's one of the reasons behind Brexit for years. What I find surprising is that anyone is surprised by it.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I thought a significant reason for brexit was that the UK's learned friends wanted to resist the encroachment of foreign legal systems, but then they turned out to be enemies of the people, after all.