Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 7:41pm
........They really just don't understand.

Ian
They understand alright,they just don't give f.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Q, what kind of government votes to allow raw sewage to be pumped into our rivers and seas?
A, this one.Only 22 Tory MPs voted against it.

How much more of the country can these morons f**k up before they're eventually sent on their way?
W H Auden
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

reohn2 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 8:50am Q, what kind of government votes to allow raw sewage to be pumped into our rivers and seas?

How much more of the country can these morons f**k up before they're eventually sent on their way?
Yes.
And this seemed relavent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... es-for-one
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 9:20am
reohn2 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 8:50am Q, what kind of government votes to allow raw sewage to be pumped into our rivers and seas?

Yes.
And this seemed relavent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... es-for-one
As the country hosts COPout 26..........
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The Chancellor of the Exchequer seems to have made it clear what he thinks by sending along one of his runners to field questions about budget leaks.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 3:50pm The Chancellor of the Exchequer seems to have made it clear what he thinks by sending along one of his runners to field questions about budget leaks.
Climate catastrophes don't touch you when you're a multimillionaire,or so they think!
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Apparently it part of the better environmental protections (better than those we had under that dastardly EU). I can't see it and they haven't explained it ...

Ian
Debs

Post by Debs »

Psamathe wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 5:56pm

Apparently it part of the better environmental protections (better than those we had under that dastardly EU). I can't see it and they haven't explained it ...

Ian
Can't beat a good outbreak of cholera to certify the success of Brexit taking us back to the Victorian glory days of British Empire.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

reohn2 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 8:50am
They won't be sent on their way John - the press will see to that.
If all of the people knew all of the truth and then all of the people voted, the English ruling class would never be voted in.................but they will, because a very substantial majority of the few who do vote only know what they know from the press and the newspapers' websites.

I have to say that I fear for the future - and I particularly fear for the young - what kind of a country (never mind what kind of a world) is our generation dropping onto them? The worse pain that we'll all suffer is the pain of watching the pain in those we love - our children and (more likely) grandchildren.

I submit the point of view that the way to stop the pain escalating is to stop breeding.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

JohnW wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 1:19pm
reohn2 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 8:50am
They won't be sent on their way John - the press will see to that.
If all of the people knew all of the truth and then all of the people voted, the English ruling class would never be voted in.................but they will, because a very substantial majority of the few who do vote only know what they know from the press and the newspapers' websites.

I have to say that I fear for the future - and I particularly fear for the young - what kind of a country (never mind what kind of a world) is our generation dropping onto them? The worse pain that we'll all suffer is the pain of watching the pain in those we love - our children and (more likely) grandchildren.

I submit the point of view that the way to stop the pain escalating is to stop breeding.
We can but hope things will improve but I suspect you're right there's a bleak road ahead for the UK,
And in the long term for the world as a whole unless there's some huge changes in manunkind's attitude to just about everything.
I'm not holding my breath though.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"The Committee on Standards in Public Life has published 'Upholding Standards in Public Life', the final report and recommendations of the Standards Matter 2 review."
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... hed-report

"The prime minister should no longer be the only person who can give permission for ethics investigations into his own conduct and that of ministers, according to a wide-ranging review by the independent committee on standards in public life."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eview-says

Jonathan

PS: Who's going to add the principle in Latin? : - )
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Jdsk wrote: 1 Nov 2021, 12:38pm
Jonathan

PS: Who's going to add the principle in Latin? : - )
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Caroline Lucas puts it well,
About Boris Johnson, she is scathing. “He’s an absolute disaster as a prime minister. He doesn’t do what is right, he does what he thinks is popular.” On the Covid-19 crisis, “It has been so apparent that he waits until the last moment to act. He is utterly indecisive, doesn’t want to be unpopular and doesn’t want to take leadership. And, as a result, Britain has had one of the worst total death rates in the western world.”

It also makes Johnson, Lucas believes, “uniquely ill-equipped to deal with a crisis like climate change, where you need public trust. At a time of crisis, whether that’s Covid or climate, you need leaders who have integrity, consistency and courage. And those are three words I would not associate with Boris Johnson.”
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Example of Johnson's inability to think things through (him and his appointed side-kicks and "advisers"): At his Flop26 meeting he has now added £1bn to the Climate Fund for Developing Countries which he thinks "sounds good" to the rest of the world. Except he has overlooked that most national delegates know and understand "the rules" and the rules for the Climate Fund is that it must be new money and Johnson is taking the UK's addition £1bn from our overseas aid budget! - and he thinks people wont notice.

Except to make it even worse, even less thought through, the additional money stolen from the aid budget is conditional on the UK economy recovering to the point where the aid budget cuts (the 0.7% to 0.5%) can be restored to 0.7% - thus pointing out and reminding all the developing countries how we (the wealthy polluters) have just cut our aid to the developing world (those suffering our pollution and being asked to make changes to help sort the problems we have caused).

But maybe it will be OK in the future when all the vaccine we grabbed (before developing countries got any) has enabled our economy to recover whilst they still wait on our generosity to let them have a few dribs and drabs of Covid vaccine (but only when we've more than enough for ourselves).

Ian