Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Stradageek

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Stradageek »

pete75 wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 11:27pm My point is Cummings was Boris's brain. You may well admire Johnson for his somewhat low cunning. I don't.
What scares me most is how much the standards we expect from our country's leaders have been eroded and that we all now accept it as normal that:

The PM can be a serial philanderer and liar (to his wives if not the whole country)
That he can be manifestly lazy and uninterested in anything but the status of the job
That all senior appointments are through the 'old boy' network regardless of qualifications or ability
That the interests of the party, media and re-elect-ability are put way ahead of the interests of the electorate, the country, or the planet

And we just shrug our shoulders and say "well they're all like that aren't they"

Time for a revolution methinks :wink:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"Several x MPs will be suspended from the Commons for y and told to apologise for trying to influence a judge presiding over the trial of a colleague for sexual assault, the standards committee has ordered."

Guess the duration in y.

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Stradageek wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 9:54amWhat scares me most is how much the standards we expect from our country's leaders have been eroded and that we all now accept it as normal...
Wise words.

"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Stradageek wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 9:54amWhat scares me most is how much the standards we expect from our country's leaders have been eroded and that we all now accept it as normal that:

The PM can be a serial philanderer and liar (to his wives if not the whole country)
That he can be manifestly lazy and uninterested in anything but the status of the job
That all senior appointments are through the 'old boy' network regardless of qualifications or ability
That the interests of the party, media and re-elect-ability are put way ahead of the interests of the electorate, the country, or the planet...
"Findings of a Review into the Development and Use of Supply Chain Finance in Government":
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... government

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... uiry-finds

Jonathan
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

At least our ration books will be a proper English Royal Blue and not that pathetic Euro pink. :D
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

This week an MP was expelled from the Chamber for saying that the Prime Minister had "... lied to this House and the country, over and over again”.

Which leaves the interesting question of whether her description was accurate. Full Fact:
https://fullfact.org/news/dawn-butler-b ... son-lying/

Jonathan
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Jdsk wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 10:29am This week an MP was expelled from the Chamber for saying that the Prime Minister had "... lied to this House and the country, over and over again”.

Which leaves the interesting question of whether her description was accurate. Full Fact:
https://fullfact.org/news/dawn-butler-b ... son-lying/

Jonathan
Strange how a person pointing how what a corrupt,lying,scheming excuse of a man our PM is,gets asked to leave yet the PM is still there.
It reminds me of the Dennis Skinner statement.
1. Skinner: “Half the Tory members opposite are crooks”

House of Commons Speaker: “The honourable member MUST withdraw that remark”

Skinner: “OK, half the Tories are not crooks”
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Boris Johnson visited a village in Cornwall and asked the inhabitants what the government could do for them.

"We have two big needs." said the village spokesman. "First, we have a health centre, but no doctor."

Boris whipped out his mobile phone, spoke for a while and then said, "I have sorted it out. A doctor will arrive tomorrow. What is your other need?"

"We have have no mobile phone reception at all in our village."
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

You never mentioned the prime minister was in gunnislake mick f.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

After she called Johnson a liar last week, Dawn Butler's own background pre becoming an MP is now adding to her reputation
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2021/07/24/pop-world-rocked-by-revelation-that-dawn-butler-was-6th-spice-girl/ wrote:Pop world rocked by revelation that Dawn Butler was 6th Spice Girl
The music industry and pop fans all over the world have been stunned by the sensationalist news that Dawn Butler, the Member of Parliament for Brent, was the sixth Spice Girl.

Dawn B, codename Truthy Spice, was in the original Spice Girls line-up, but band manager Richard E Grant threw her out for being too honest and sincere. “She displayed levels of integrity we had never encountered before and was just too damn dependable. I told her to stop being factually correct all of the time or she was out. No one likes to hear that their middle name doesn’t begin with E. We just couldn’t take her being right and honourable any more, so I made her pack her bags and go and be an MP.”

“It was such a shame she had to go,” said a tearful Geri Halliwell recalling her close friendship with Truthy Spice. “Dawn B was the only one I ever really trusted. She had so much talent and could actually sing. She even wore that skimpy Union Jack dress better.”
Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

And his efforts today
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-stop-search-police-b1891317.html wrote:Boris Johnson says stop and search policy ‘kind and loving’ way to get weapons off streets
When I read it I thought I was on one of the spoof news sites but then realised it was a serious article in the Guardian.

So there is a parallel universe after-all and there are some human beings living there.

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Psamathe wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 12:53pm And his efforts today
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-stop-search-police-b1891317.html wrote:Boris Johnson says stop and search policy ‘kind and loving’ way to get weapons off streets
When I read it I thought I was on one of the spoof news sites but then realised it was a serious article in the Guardian.
“It is like there has been an explosion in a strategy factory.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... d-gimmicky

Jonathan
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

And how insulting to the decent men and women who sweep our streets and do other menial work to discover that the PM thinks this is really only for criminals who we will make a spectacle of.

Levelling up, indeed!
John
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

A moment's reflection suggests that Boris Johnson is rarely seen in public without hi-viz togs, except around Westminster.

eg
Boris-Johnson-hard-hat-e1574443246645.jpg
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

thirdcrank wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 11:02am A moment's reflection suggests that Boris Johnson is really seen in public without hi-viz togs, except around Westminster.
No hiviz, no helmet.
PM on bike..jpg
I can find photos of Johnson wearing a helmet on a bike, but none with hiviz.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?