Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Jdsk »

DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

"I would appreciate if you could some simple questions about these events" (sic)
Zulu Eleven

Post by Zulu Eleven »

Which actual rules/legislation do they allege were broken?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Zulu Eleven wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 11:46pm Which actual rules/legislation do they allege were broken?
Where do you want to start?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"How if a business issued the government’s “40 new hospitals” guidance it would be acting unlawfully"
https://davidallengreen.com/2021/12/how ... nlawfully/

It is rare to have official guidance – even if called a ‘playbook’ – which sets out how public officials are to describe something falsely as a new hospital when it is not a new hospital.

Not only are ministers lying to us, but ministers are now requiring public officials to lie too.

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2 wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 12:08am
Zulu Eleven wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 11:46pm Which actual rules/legislation do they allege were broken?
https://web.archive.org/web/20201218071 ... mas-period

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Jdsk wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 8:41am

Jonathan
True, but what are the rules for the Conservative Party? (you have linked only to the rules for everybody else).

I have always regarded kissing other people as a consensual thing, both parties have to want it. But now we get to understand why we have so many sexual harassment, unwanted touching, etc. accusations against Conservative MPs when Conservative ministers say it's OK to snog whoever you want (with no qualification as to them wanting to snog you!).
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/health-secretary-sajid-javid-people-therese-coffey-george-freeman-b1968785.html wrote:Mr Javid told ITV News: “People can snog who they wish.
“It’s got nothing to do with the Government who you kiss or anything like that. But the only thing is just – there’s guidance already out there – just be cautious and enjoy yourselves.”
Maybe Stanley Johnson's alleged behaviour was just following what Ministers seem to regard as acceptable behaviour?

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The prime minister has been reported to the police by Labour MPs over allegations there were at least two parties in Downing Street during lockdown restrictions last year.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... cron-risks

Jonathan
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 11:24am

Jonathan
True, but what are the rules for the Conservative Party? (you have linked only to the rules for everybody else).

I have always regarded kissing other people as a consensual thing, both parties have to want it. But now we get to understand why we have so many sexual harassment, unwanted touching, etc. accusations against Conservative MPs when Conservative ministers say it's OK to snog whoever you want (with no qualification as to them wanting to snog you!).
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/health-secretary-sajid-javid-people-therese-coffey-george-freeman-b1968785.html wrote:Mr Javid told ITV News: “People can snog who they wish.
“It’s got nothing to do with the Government who you kiss or anything like that. But the only thing is just – there’s guidance already out there – just be cautious and enjoy yourselves.”
Maybe Stanley Johnson's alleged behaviour was just following what Ministers seem to regard as acceptable behaviour?

Ian
I'm not sure if it's just the Conservatives who engage in serial harassment. Anyone looking at international news will note that Women's Association of Tennis is now not engaging with China, over the alleged issue that a women tennis player from China was forced to have sexual relations with a Chinese official. I suspect there is a risk of any sexual harassment by men who have been granted power, or indeed have assumed any sort of title.

Which is a very good reason not to have governments in the first place or at least treat our leaders or MPs not as any sort of special person, or God like entity but, but simply as a public servant, in the same manner that you would treat a customer advisor (and yes, I've had that role :D)

And any Prime Minister or MP who believes themselves better or more worthy than the people they have asked to serve, because they have achieved that job title, is clearly no longer worth the public's trust or support.
It's time to go :-)
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

I'm sure it's part of their master plan but I'm getting tired of yet another example of what the Tories are up to.
Nothing much will happen, they'll continue as normal and the Great British public continue to take little or no notice.
If the right wing press ever loses patience with this government then we'll see things get better.
Until then just sit back, fume and rant but don't expect anything to change. :(
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

So 'Taking back control of our borders' now means asking the French if we can have UK border patrol alongside French border patrol in France.
Something we had when we were in the EU.
Now it's France's fault!This Goverment are an embarrassment to our nation.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

There's also the seven principles of public service, which everyone in the public sector is asked to follow. It even appears on the government.uk webpage.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

francovendee wrote: 4 Dec 2021, 8:49am I'm sure it's part of their master plan but I'm getting tired of yet another example of what the Tories are up to.
Nothing much will happen, they'll continue as normal and the Great British public continue to take little or no notice.
If the right wing press ever loses patience with this government then we'll see things get better.
Until then just sit back, fume and rant but don't expect anything to change. :(
Right now, all of us have more power over our lives, than any government (of whatever colour) want us to understand. The trick in any ruling Government, whether its national, county or district council, or even parish Council is maintaining the hypnosis that we are all powerless.

This year I grew trees and buddelia bushes in my garden and went out and planted them on publicly accessible land without permission, I donated to charitable causes which I thought were worthy, I gave my unused possessions away, I attempted to grow my own food, and I attempted to assist those persons who required my help.
We are not unpowerful, and any Governmen knows full well that there is more of us than there is of them. If I can find it I'd add a short video from the Internet, about the sort of power that we do already possess.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Full marks for your efforts but how can this stop the routine disdain shown by the government to fairness, honesty and that rules don't apply in the same way to them as others?
I'm not certain anything we do as an individual will make a jot of difference.
Until the masses turn against the government then things won't change and there is litte sign of this.
I thought the Daily Mail had lost patience with Boris but under the new editor this will fizzle out.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

I'm still looking for the link but in the meantime here's some nice music www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoBMhye-ycs (possibly only appreciated by HellHound and myself :D)