Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Hellhound

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Hellhound »

reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:57am
Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:53am
reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:46am "Meet the new boss,same as the old boss"
Problem is,the new boss will seem,on the face of it,very different to the old boss but ultimately nothing will change,promises will be made just like the old bosses(Blair,Cameron,May,Johnson) promised.
But NOTHING will change.
There's one bit on which we might disagree...
I'd be very happy never to see a Conservative government again, but the anti-constitutional actions and behaviour of this Prime Minister and this government are better considered separately from the Left-Right axis.
Jonathan
I'll only be happy when I see those actions over the past two years rescinded by the new boss and johnson publicly shown up for the charlaton he most definitly is by that new boss!
I'm not holding my breath......
Me neither.He'll be moved aside then it'll be Lord Boris of.......
Corrupt to the core.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Electoral Commission: "Report of investigation into the Conservative and Unionist Party - recording and reporting of payments":
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... g-payments

For the offence of failing to accurately report the full value of the donation from Huntswood Associates, the Commission has imposed a penalty of £16,250. For contravening the requirement to keep proper accounting records, a penalty of £1,550 has been imposed.

Jonathan

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time —
To let the punishment fit the crime —
The punishment fit the crime
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:39am
Hellhound wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 9:29amI am doubtful we will get rid of the Tories at the next GE.Their voters think they're doing a good job and there is no opposition...
"Do you approve or disapprove of the Government’s record to date?"
(All voters, not supporters or Conservatives)
Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 09.38.22.png

Is there a good series for approval by supporters, anyone?

Jonathan
Particularly interesting in how much higher the disapproval (and lower approval) was back July 2019. But I assume Patterson "Get Out Of Jail Free" card is included but PartyGate isn't. And I guess PartyGate will maybe have a bigger impact across those less interested in politics than Patterson's rule breaking.

Ian
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

In other news I see Carrie Johnson has been safely delivered of a child.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59593510

The cynic in me admires the timing, although it's unlikely to distract public opinion just now.

Anyway, my sincere good wishes to this innocent baby.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 10:21am Electoral Commission: "Report of investigation into the Conservative and Unionist Party - recording and reporting of payments":
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... g-payments

For the offence of failing to accurately report the full value of the donation from Huntswood Associates, the Commission has imposed a penalty of £16,250. For contravening the requirement to keep proper accounting records, a penalty of £1,550 has been imposed.
Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.48.14.png
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status ... 7835340806

Jonathan
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

thirdcrank wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 11:11am In other news I see Carrie Johnson has been safely delivered of a child.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59593510

The cynic in me admires the timing, although it's unlikely to distract public opinion just now.

Anyway, my sincere good wishes to this innocent baby.
Let's hope it is just an 'innocent baby'. By that I mean, she hasn't got three sixes tattooed on her scalp... :shock:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"I mean, this party is not going to be investigated by the police in a year's time."

Jonathan
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 2:16pm

"I mean, this party is not going to be investigated by the police in a year's time."

Jonathan
Rees Mogg is one of those blokes you'd never get tired of punching. :twisted:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

How long do we think he's got?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

reohn2 wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 7:22pm How long do we think he's got?
I would have thought even within his hive of minions there would be at least a few willing to.....stab in in the back....(I would have put what I meant but doubt it would have got past the moderators) :wink: but now I'm not sure.Yes he's a liability,yes he's a liar,yes he's a sexist,yes he's a misogynist,yes he's a rascist and yes he's an elitist B***-e*d but they're still doing well in the polls so why replace him until absolutely necessary :|
He's done pretty much everything possible and still kept his job so I think he'd actually have to kill someone,in cold blood,live on TV to get ousted.Then I still think there would be those who say 'come on!It's Bozza,he's OK really,let's just let him carry on'

Politics really can't sink any lower........can it?
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Hellhound wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 3:02pm
Jdsk wrote: 9 Dec 2021, 2:16pm

Jonathan
Rees Mogg is one of those blokes you'd never get tired of punching. :twisted:

I like to think I'm a peaceful person, but in this case, I'd gladly hold your coat, while you got on with it :-)

Please note that this is just a joke, currently we've seen brutal murders of two Ministers of Parliament, which is indefensible. At the end of the day MPs represent the area that voted for them....

...in the area I live, the blue party could be represented by a gold fish and people would still vote for it... would a goldfish do a better job than Rees-Mogg? It would probably get into less trouble..
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side