Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Post by thirdcrank »

This is just party politicians behaving like party politicians. In more normal times, she'd be in the HoC surrounded by a "doughnut" of supporters, all carrying on like children in a playground. Meanwhile, less openly, they are all vying for position with daggers ready.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I agree that a major part of the reason that the Executive get away with it is because they can survive votes in the HoC.

And that these are abnormal times.

Gove is interestingly quiet. And Hunt is presenting himself as the safe pair of hands. But Sunak is still 9/4.

Jonathan
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

What gets us in trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Excellent piece by Haddon at the IfG:
"The handling of the Priti Patel bullying inquiry has fatally undermined the Ministerial Code"
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/priti-patel-bullying-inquiry-undermined-ministerial-code

Jonathan
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

For me what is most telling is that she is very popular within the party.
Says it all about the Tories at the moment.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Sergeant Majors take note and be very afraid of the ninnys charter :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:Sergeant Majors take note and be very afraid of the ninnys charter :lol:

Al

Can you explain what this means?
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Letter to The Times:

Jonathan
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

I wonder if there would have been the same reaction had the politician been a middle aged white male with an Etonian accent trying to get things done. I'm thinking these heads of the civil service could have been a lot more robust than they are appearing to be. My sympathies lie with pretty on this one.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Pebble wrote:I wonder if there would have been the same reaction had the politician been a middle aged white male with an Etonian accent trying to get things done. I'm thinking these heads of the civil service could have been a lot more robust than they are appearing to be. My sympathies lie with pretty on this one.

Worth noting

The staff who were bullied were at various levels;
This is her third bullying offence and the department has already had to pay out money. Not all complaints were from the civil service.
Johnson suppressed this report for 7 months;
Johnson kept some witnesses away and wouldn't let them speak to the investigation;
She has had two other ministerial code breaches against her.

The MPs defending Patel need to get their story straight. They say that the civil servants are snowflakes and weak and start to cry a bit of robust language. And at the same time say these same weak and pathetic civil servants actually bullied Patel.
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Its all coming out now. The guy heading the Witch Hunt for 8 months never even spoke to Priti...doh! And the ninnys didnt like working weekends? Obviously 2 sides to this debacle.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Oldjohnw wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Sergeant Majors take note and be very afraid of the ninnys charter :lol:

Al

Can you explain what this means?

As Al's failed to clarify let me interpret it for you.
In Al’s world some people are better than others, let’s call them sergeant majors. Also in Al’s world some people are weak and foolish, let’s call them ninnies. SM trump ninnies so therefore treating other people without consideration and respect is totally acceptable.
Only my opinion of course but don’t be like Al as most of us will recall at school the bullies were usually outed as the weak and feeble ones.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

al_yrpal wrote:Its all coming out now. The guy heading the Witch Hunt for 8 months never even spoke to Priti...doh! And the ninnys didnt like working weekends? Obviously 2 sides to this debacle.

Al

What have you read that casts doubt on the outcome of the Enquiry please?
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
We've all seen it all before from school days all way through to old age.
Horrible ugly self-centred people being promoted and favoured.
How do you get sacked several times but still managed to come up smelling of Roses.

Mates!
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

IMO, this impatience/ dissatisfaction with the Civil Service is a result having a cabinet system of government but running as a presidential system.