Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Post by Psamathe »

Is this acceptable? When directed to more than one employee and over a long period and in different jobs

Does such behaviour suggest the perpetrator is suited to senior roles?

When a senior supervising manager fails to take or delays taking action once bullying is reported and proven, what does that say about the senior manager?

Ian
Oldjohnw

Re: Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Post by Oldjohnw »

It's of no consequence if it is unintentional and the PM decides.tbe outcome. Evidence doesn't matter as long as you are nice to your boss.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:It's of no consequence if it is unintentional and the PM decides.tbe outcome. Evidence doesn't matter as long as you are nice to your boss.

And have a permanent smirk on your face.......
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

If you want to get a feel for where this individual is coming from, scour t'internet for a copy of Britannia Unchained. Interesting that of the five co-authors, 3 are second-generation immigrants to the UK. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are not domineering, possessed of a skin like a rhino's and utterly determined to get their own way... I mean look at Robert Maxwell!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

For someone whose former career was in public relations...
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I got 10p * that says Boris will bottle it and decline to sack 'er...
* that's the same 10p I used to back Brucey's dead hub gear reincarnation!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I presume that if he sacks her, or accepts her (involuntary) resignation, it makes a big payout for David Puttnam inevitable. In any case, she's part of his coterie of yesmen/placemen and similar. No need to get rid.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

So, Boris, as predicted, has bottled it and the head of the inquiry promptly resigned. :roll:
S
Toffee

Post by Toffee »

simonineaston wrote:So, Boris, as predicted, has bottled it and the head of the inquiry promptly resigned. :roll:

Did you expect anything else ?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"I feel that it is right that I should now resign from my position as the Prime Minister’s independent adviser on the Code"

At which point our regulatory system can be seen to have failed.

Jonathan
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

not a good day for justice. I dont think he will be the tory leader after Brexit is done?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Presumably, her indoors doesn't see PP as any sort of threat.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:not a good day for justice. I dont think he will be the tory leader after Brexit is done?

Nope he won't. I think Boris got what he wanted and is now bored so will wander off at some point. Almost literally.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Justice is bandied around so much I wonder if it's not losing its meaning.

There's been no tribunal or legal process only an investigation and possibly not one that's good enough for a court action. I question whether not following the inquiry's advice counts as a lack of justice or just that the process to obtain justice hasn't really started.

Having said that PP is another of those rather too many MPs that I personally have always thought unfit for office of state possibly even to stand for parliament. In her case on a few grounds.

I just don't think that the process to date counts as a process to get justice. Perhaps employment tribunal might be the way to justice in employment situations. From experience internal processes are never the way to get justice or even a favourable outcome. IME it's just a way to put the complainant further towards the door of the organisation.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The word is that as a mini bozzer, his ambition was to be world king, which firmed up into wanting to be PM, with everything else subordinated to that. He's achieved that latter ambition and even he must see he's made a hash of it. I think he'll try to tough it out, but the daggers are already out.

Et tu, Govē