Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Psamathe

Re: Repeated Bullying By Your Boss

Postby Psamathe » 25 Nov 2020, 2:20pm

Johnson doesn't even seem to know where he stands. One day he's dismissing bullying despite his own inquiry finding bullying happened. Next day he's writing to Civil Service saying bullying mts never be tollerated.

Any now today he's
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/nov/25/i-make-no-apology-for-standing-by-priti-patel-says-boris-johnson-video wrote:'I make no apology for standing by Priti Patel,' says Boris Johnson
Johnson accused Starmer of focusing on 'trivia' and accused Labour of 'bashing' Patel, who had apologised

So he now thinks bullying is "trivia" (at least if the bully is one of his mates) and that not saying sorry for bullying but saying sorry if her behaviour upset anybody is enough. It completely beggars belief and he is (supposed to be) leading the country. Good grief, words fail me.

Ian

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 25 Nov 2020, 2:22pm

So she apologized for something he said she never did.

I'm confused!
John

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 25 Nov 2020, 3:33pm

You might call it a sorry saga...

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 10 Dec 2020, 1:28pm

I think this is yet another illustration of Johnson's poor judgement. He seems to make daft decisions on the assumption they'll be a short outcry and "it will all brow over" - but it doesn't. Maybe through his elitist protected life he's got away with inappropriate decisions/actions but as PM it doesn't work quite the same way. So now
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fda-union-boris-johnson-priti-patel-bullying-b1769309.html wrote:Union takes legal action over Boris Johnson’s decision to clear Priti Patel of bullying
The notice, which is the first step towards a judicial review of the decision, stated: “If the prime minister’s decision stands it sets a damaging precedent which gives carte blanche to the kind of unacceptable conduct which the home secretary was found to have committed.

“Civil servants in the Home Office and beyond will rightly object to their conduct being measured against a standard of conduct and unacceptable bullying which, it seems, does not apply to the home secretary or other ministers.”

Ian

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 22 Dec 2020, 3:47pm

It's amazing to see what is becoming accepted as quite normal.

Essex lorry deaths: Trial was halted after Priti Patel tweet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55403058

This isn't some anonymity anonymously tweeting but one of the most senior actors in the country's legal system with access to all the legal advice they might need.

The BBC headline is misleading in that it implies the trial had to be discontinued which is not the case. The judge discussed the tweet with the counsel involved in the case and decided a warning to the jury would be adequate. Nevertheless, the judge might have felt obliged to stop the trial and order a re-trial with a different jury, or the defence might have appealed on the grounds it was a miscarriage of justice.