Who's had the vaccine?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Who's had the vaccine?

Postby Oldjohnw » 19 Jan 2021, 4:35pm

merseymouth wrote:Well, I can only think that God must have put in a good word for him in the right ear? After all he is supposed to work in mysterious ways :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Us atheists must be reading the wrong books! Maybe we should go the Trump route, join with other creaking OAP's to storm the Jag Centre to demand an immediate shot in the arm? :wink: MM

Nothing odd here. He had the vaccination as part of the chaplaincy team at St Thomas's Hospital which is almost adjacent to Lambeth Palace.
John

Sweep

Postby Sweep » 19 Jan 2021, 5:04pm

merseymouth wrote:Well, I can only think that God must have put in a good word for him in the right ear? M

His "God" sure hasn't been talking to him for the last year or so with any credible explanation about what this hell is all about.
Along with his variously flavoured god botherers he has been noticeably silent on the obvious question all along.
And whenever he has ventured anywhere near the media they all seem to have thought it terribly impolite/not the done thing to even ask.
Sweep

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 19 Jan 2021, 5:06pm

Oldjohnw wrote:
merseymouth wrote:Well, I can only think that God must have put in a good word for him in the right ear? After all he is supposed to work in mysterious ways :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Us atheists must be reading the wrong books! Maybe we should go the Trump route, join with other creaking OAP's to storm the Jag Centre to demand an immediate shot in the arm? :wink: MM

Nothing odd here. He had the vaccination as part of the chaplaincy team at St Thomas's Hospital which is almost adjacent to Lambeth Palace.

Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure that when I originally read my own link to the BBC it didn't include that explanation.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 19 Jan 2021, 5:48pm

thirdcrank wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure that when I originally read my own link to the BBC it didn't include that explanation.

It isn't. I looked at the Lambeth Palace site.
John

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 19 Jan 2021, 6:06pm

Oldjohnw wrote: ... It isn't. I looked at the Lambeth Palace site.

As Kenneth Wolstentolme famously remarked "It is now."

Perhaps the BBC got queries.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 19 Jan 2021, 6:10pm

thirdcrank wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote: ... It isn't. I looked at the Lambeth Palace site.

As Kenneth Wolstentolme famously remarked "It is now."

Perhaps the BBC got queries.

:D
John

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 19 Jan 2021, 7:53pm

al_yrpal wrote:My partner got an NHS invitation letter today and booked for her jab at nearby Taunton Racecourse via the online NHS website for next Monday. Very straightforward indeed.

Al

...and later on got a call from her surgery also offering a jab , so she accepted for this Friday and cancelled the Racecourse one :shock:

They are all over us....

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

6.5_lives_left

Postby 6.5_lives_left » 20 Jan 2021, 12:01pm

My parents, who are both well into their eighties, had a booking for a vaccine injection at a location only 14km away for this coming Thursday. I am acting as a taxi service to get them there as they no longer drive.

When I went to check the details for the appointment I by chance found that there was a notice on the GP surgery website that all appointments had been cancelled and had being brought forward by several days because the batch of vaccine had been delivered early and would expire before the planned appointments. The staff at the surgery had to telephone everyone (I'm guessing 100's of people) to tell them about the new appointments. Unfortunately they didn't manage to phone up my parents. By the time I found out all the rescheduled appointments had taken place.

I warned my parents about the mess-up and my mother phoned the surgery to get a new appointment. They have a new appointment for Friday, a day after their original appointment at a new location that is only 7km away. Not a bad out come. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Friday.

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 20 Jan 2021, 4:03pm

In spite of m doubts about the national online booking system expressed above, I'll record that I received my offer letter today (FWIW dated seven days ago.)

I found the online system worked well and was very easy to use. I got both my first and second appointments at times and dates convenient to me and I chose a centre at an out-of-town drive-in centre which in these circumstances suits me much better than the middle of Leeds or Bradford.

All good so far.

Cowsham

Postby Cowsham » 20 Jan 2021, 10:06pm

Mum got her first one today -- no ill effects -- so far.

kwackers

Postby kwackers » 20 Jan 2021, 10:07pm

Cowsham wrote:Mum got her first one today -- no ill effects -- so far.

Apart from an odd twitch in her mouse finger whenever she see's an advert on her computer...

Bonzo Banana

Postby Bonzo Banana » 21 Jan 2021, 1:02pm

Drove my mother (81) to her vaccine appointment this morning. All went well, she had the oxford vaccine.

The car park was swamped with cars leaving and turning up it was difficult for me to get out. They will certainly be vaccinating a few there today.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 21 Jan 2021, 5:06pm

New regional data on vaccination in England:
https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/revea ... EifQ%3D%3D

(Please let me know if it's paywalled.)

Jonathan

ossie

Postby ossie » 21 Jan 2021, 9:00pm

Took my mum to our regional vaccination centre in Bournemouth this evening.... extremely quiet, straight in ahead of schedule and straight out. (booked online with the excellent booking system).

Both other 'oldies' in our line up are getting theirs on Saturday.

Very impressed with the rollout so far.

Cowsham

Postby Cowsham » 21 Jan 2021, 9:50pm

Isle of man are keeping their vaccination interval at 21 days instead of the 12 weeks interval the uk are leaving.

I think this is the correct course of action -- I remember scientists saying, at the beginning of this 12 week policy the uk had adopted, that they didn't agree with the longer gap between doses.

I know there's debate on both sides of the argument even on the island but I would trust their opinion more than the uk government after all they got a lot of things right first clip on this situation.