Who's had the vaccine?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Redvee

Re: Who's had the vaccine?

Post by Redvee »

My Grandfather is getting his next week, 10 days after Lizzie sent him a birthday card.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Redvee wrote:My Grandfather is getting his next week, 10 days after Lizzie sent him a birthday card.

Well done making the ton that man. :D
I am here. Where are you?
rjb

Post by rjb »

Some 80 year olds in the village are going to Taunton for theirs today at Blackbrook. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
horizon

Post by horizon »

Does anyone know the latest figure for those in this first tranche refusing the jab? It looks to me like 100% uptake which should please those hoping for rapid herd immunity.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Rupert Murdoch had his today.
Though he is not a UK citizen.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/ ... cine-in-uk
I guess he couldn't afford to go private. :shock:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

horizon wrote:Does anyone know the latest figure for those in this first tranche refusing the jab? It looks to me like 100% uptake which should please those hoping for rapid herd immunity.

TTBOMK:
1 There are no official data on this.
2 And there aren't even any on the number of people who have been vaccinated.

But the ONS did include a question on this in a very recent survey, see section 5 "Attitudes to COVID-19 vaccination"
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandwellbeing/bulletins/coronavirusandthesocialimpactsongreatbritain/18december2020#attitudes-to-covid-19-vaccination

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.14.55.png

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.15.59.png

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

horizon wrote:Does anyone know the latest figure for those in this first tranche refusing the jab? It looks to me like 100% uptake which should please those hoping for rapid herd immunity.

I imagine it could be difficult to establish a "refuse". e.g. I got a letter inviting me to phone and book a flu jab (which I did) but a some might not get round to calling (took me a couple of days), others might not be able to make that day so they'll just wait for another invite, some invites might go astray in the post (happens round me), etc. none of which are "refusers". I doubt many of those "refusing" would call their GP to say "I'm a 'refuser'" - they'll just not bother to make an appointment so we'll never know.

Ian
horizon

Post by horizon »

Psamathe wrote:

I imagine it could be difficult to establish a "refuse". e.g. I got a letter inviting me to phone and book a flu jab (which I did) but a some might not get round to calling (took me a couple of days), others might not be able to make that day so they'll just wait for another invite, some invites might go astray in the post (happens round me), etc. none of which are "refusers". I doubt many of those "refusing" would call their GP to say "I'm a 'refuser'" - they'll just not bother to make an appointment so we'll never know.

Ian

I think you're right (and thanks Jonathan for the charts). However, with the flu jab they really did want me to confirm one way or the other which I did (I didn't have any objection to doing that). But that still doesn't give the BBC much to go on and they would be really scraping around if Jonathan's chart is anything to go by: just 2% or so in that age group say they would refuse. The question though is would the BBC run it if they could? "And here we have 94 year old Major Stalwart in his medals standing firm against the vaccine!". No, I don't think so either.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The question is Who's had the vaccine?

I posed the question to leave the discussions about things like who was willing to be vaccinated on the existing threads. Alternatively, the threads might as well be merged
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

thirdcrank wrote:The question is Who's had the vaccine?

I just said. Rupert Murdoch.
Here he is on his wedding day.
image.jpg
horizon

Post by horizon »

thirdcrank wrote:The question is Who's had the vaccine?

I posed the question to leave the discussions about things like who was willing to be vaccinated on the existing threads. Alternatively, the threads might as well be merged

Apologies thirdcrank. We're just making polite conversation with a little bit of "joshing" while waiting for the results to come in - you know, like they do on election night. As someone mentioned up thread, the first tranche is for the over-eighties and given that it is being run by Nadhim Zahawi, it's going to be slow going (and that's not the over-eighties' fault :D ).
pwa

Post by pwa »

My son, a student nurse currently working in ICU, had his first jab yesterday. He was at work in ICU and wasn't expecting it, but was suddenly offered it by the people administering it as they had a small number of doses left over and didn't want to waste any.
Syd

Post by Syd »

The important element for the role out of the vaccine is, whilst stock is in low supply, it planning for the second dose.

My health board is operating as follows. The receive X0,000 does so book X0,000/2 appointments saving the second half for dose two 28 days later.
Syd

Who's had the vaccine?

Post by Syd »

Just had my first dose of the vaccine.Image
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Son No2 has had his today. He is a cook in a care home.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info