Who's had the vaccine?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: Who's had the vaccine?

Post by Audax67 »

Apparently post-injection clotting stats are the same with Pfizer as with AZ, and are probably due to the use of adenovirus vectors and accidental intravenous injection.

If you're getting a shot, ask the the picador to aspirate the syringe (i.e. put it into the muscle and withdraw the plunger to see if any blood flows in - it shouldn't) before pumping in the vaccine. Intramuscular injections carry a very slight risk of hitting a vein. Aspirating intramuscular injections is not standard NHS practice these days so the picador might object, but trot out this explanation and add "just for me?" with a nice smile (alas hidden behind the mask, but...).

More here:

https://youtu.be/WuyAtvwP2H4
Have we got time for another cuppa?
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Audax67 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:23am Apparently post-injection clotting stats are the same with Pfizer as with AZ, and are probably due to the use of adenovirus vectors and accidental intravenous injection.

If you're getting a shot, ask the the picador to aspirate the syringe (i.e. put it into the muscle and withdraw the plunger to see if any blood flows in - it shouldn't) before pumping in the vaccine. Intramuscular injections carry a very slight risk of hitting a vein. Aspirating intramuscular injections is not standard NHS practice these days so the picador might object, but trot out this explanation and add "just for me?" with a nice smile (alas hidden behind the mask, but...).

More here:

Interesting and good idea.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

markjohnobrien wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:25am
Audax67 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:23amApparently post-injection clotting stats are the same with Pfizer as with AZ, and are probably due to the use of adenovirus vectors and accidental intravenous injection.

More here:

Interesting and good idea.
The current advice is not to do this at the recommended injection sites:

For COVID-19 vaccination:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_v3.4.pdf

For vaccination in general:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pter-4.pdf

Explanations and references in the linked guidance.

It's very unlikely that a vaccinator would change technique on request.

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Audax67 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:23am Apparently post-injection clotting stats are the same with Pfizer as with AZ, and are probably due to the use of adenovirus vectors and accidental intravenous injection.
Is there a source for that suggestion about intravenous injections, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

1) Don't think eligible as bad reactions to prior vaccines
2) Yellow card adverse reactions and deaths a worry as (1)
3) Not overly bothered as Government HeatMap and NHS weekly deaths in our family age group statistically very low.
4) Clinical trials yet to finish
5) No compensation if it damages you
6) Believe Covid been through our house already

In light of all the above we will be pleased high risk elderly are getting jabs that hopefully lessen their risk, we will wait for clinical trials and GP advice.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

2nd Pfizer jab today. 15 minute detention to see if we passed out. No probs for me. BBQ all ready to go

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Al :D , So you should be safe from Covid, but I worry about the risks posed by dodgy Barbie??????? :roll: . Can't understand the attraction of the BBQ?, they spend £50k on a wonderful kitchen, then incinerate food outside on an uncontrollable heat source!!!!!!!! Even quaffing beer from "Tinnies" leaves me cold. :cry: :( MM
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

MM, the bbq was great just a couple of the butchers burgers and bangers, a couple of really nice sides from Ainsleys bbq bible and a crusty Aldi Sourdough roll. The dogs got a sausage each too as we watched the sun go down from the garden swing seat. No burnt meat here, just like the duke I have refined my skills over many years. Now for a couple of episodes of It aint half hot mum. Car boot to shift some junk in the morning hoping i feel ok then.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

My first dose is booked in for tomorrow, my second dose is booked for July 4th.
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

More here:

That’s dangerous nonsense, that really needs to be ignored. The jabs should be given into the fat cells at the top of the shoulder, that’s how they’re designed, for good reason. The actual issues with clotting are definitely not being seen equally in the two different types of vaccine. The OAZ vaccine is a ‘viral vector’ vaccine. The PB vaccine is an mRNA vaccine. The viral vector type of vaccine is a bit like being in a military conflict, and teaching the immune system how to respond, by launching a real attack, but using blank ammunition, whereas the mRNA type vaccines are akin to taking the immune system into a classroom, and teaching it what’s what, without any actual weapons being used. The clotting happens, because the ‘quarter master’ has screwed up, and some live ammunition has found its way into the fray. The actual virus is known to cause blood clots, as part of it’s M.O.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Al :D :D , Second Jag coming Tuesday.
But to get through all of the tedious TV in these traumatic days I think you are right about "It ain't half hot mum", brilliant entertainment!
In fact almost anything from Croft and Perry will hit a good spot. I say almost because I never watched much "Oh Doctor Beeching" or "You rang my Lord?"!
My dvd collection holds many complete series of the genre, with "Allo, Allo" holding top spot.
You should read up on Michael Bates's recollections about IAHHM, being born in the sub continent and a bolshie lefty he was an interesting chap?
As Blamire in "Last of the summer wine" he was in his element! Nothing comes close to those programmes for wit and wisdom is this modern tv era :( :( :( . Remember "Listen carefully I will only say this once"! MM
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Jdsk wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:35am
Is there a source for that suggestion about intravenous injections, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
If you follow the link I gave it's all there.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

BTW, as a result of all the clots blethering about clotting without looking at the stats (or looking at them and deciding that they shouldn't get in the way of a good story), a vaccination centre in Nice closed yesterday with 4000 doses of AZ unused because people had got cold feet.

Nothing kills like a rumour.
mjr

Post by mjr »

What adenovirus vector is in PB, please? I suspect someone has either misunderstood what adenosine is or has confused the PB and Janssen vaccines
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

mjr wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 6:01pm
What adenovirus vector is in PB, please? I suspect someone has either misunderstood what adenosine is or has confused the PB and Janssen vaccines
Pfizer-Biontech? That's an mRNA vaccine, not one with a viral vector.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer–Bi ... 19_vaccine

Jonathan