ciambella cake tins

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ferrit worrier

ciambella cake tins

Post by ferrit worrier »

I am looking for a Ciambella or Savarin cake tin about 34cm Dia. It is possible to get the tins in the UK but the biggest I've seen is only 24cm.
I did ordera 34cm one from Italy but the order was cancelled by the supplier although they did tell eBay I'd cancelled, then I managed to translate the Italian email to find that the courier had lost it in transit.

For those not familiar with Ciambella its a ring cake made with vanilla sponge and Chocolate sponge in the same tin. the cake is very light and is excellent with lashings of cream.

Now would the collective minds of the forum know where I could possible obtain a tin of larger size in the UK .

ciambella tin.png
ciambella tin.png (4.41 KiB) Viewed 230 times

Thanks
Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Paulatic

Re: ciambella cake tins

Post by Paulatic »

Can you use a conventional tin and stand a length of 40mm stainless steel bar in the centre?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ferrit worrier

Re: ciambella cake tins

Post by ferrit worrier »

Paulatic wrote:Can you use a conventional tin and stand a length of 40mm stainless steel bar in the centre?

because of the size the "Tin" is very thin to allow the heat to penetrate, the middle bit is a cone shape to allow for easy removal of the cake. I think even a thin Stainless tower in the middle might float, the hole in the middle allows heat to flow though this helps even out the bake. Rachel our eldest makes them and she's a master at them. (see favorite museums picture) :D she going to teach dad how to do it :lol:

Malc :D
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.