GCN Search for a Presenter Competition?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
bungle73

GCN Search for a Presenter Competition?

Postby bungle73 » 5 Jan 2021, 2:15pm

They made a big fuss about this a little while ago, and got people to send in audition videos. But it seemed to get quietly forgotten about, and next thing we know the new presenter is just another ex-pro. Anyone know what happened?

prestavalve

Re: GCN Search for a Presenter Competition?

Postby prestavalve » 5 Jan 2021, 2:47pm

bungle73 wrote:They made a big fuss about this a little while ago, and got people to send in audition videos. But it seemed to get quietly forgotten about, and next thing we know the new presenter is just another ex-pro. Anyone know what happened?

We are all just awful.

peetee

Postby peetee » 5 Jan 2021, 3:09pm

prestavalve wrote:
bungle73 wrote:They made a big fuss about this a little while ago, and got people to send in audition videos. But it seemed to get quietly forgotten about, and next thing we know the new presenter is just another ex-pro. Anyone know what happened?

We are all just awful.

:lol:

I applied with a video clip and the response was that they didn’t have a position open for an old, sour-faced, biased, forgetful, weak-legged nitwit like me and when they did I needn’t bother applying for that either.
Winter had arrived in the land of Kernow. Along with it came wet roads and cool winds.
“Oh, my wheels and coupling rods!” Peetee exclaimed.

prestavalve

Postby prestavalve » 5 Jan 2021, 3:22pm

peetee wrote:...they didn’t have a position open for an old, sour-faced, biased, forgetful, weak-legged nitwit...

I am sure Dan will retire soon.

TrevA

Postby TrevA » 6 Jan 2021, 4:44pm

Since they are all ex-pro racing snakes apart from Olly, I think it would be interesting if they employed a fat, old Mamil, like me. I know one or two of them, as my son used to race against them and was on the same team as Tom Last and Simon Richardson (and Matt Stephens), and he used to race against Hank and Alex Paton(the new bloke) and Chris Opie.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com