And this man is in the cabinet!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: And this man is in the cabinet!

Post by Oldjohnw »

Complete and utter Pollocks. Floundering as usual. Cod Almighty. what a total sPratt.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:
francovendee wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Spot on,comonly termed as an,A1,first class,tw@t,who has nothing in common with the ordinary people he's supposed to represent :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You are right about him but the voters chose him. What does that say about the area he represents. :(

The same as the whole of the UK the voters chose the present government on a single sound bite,this is what we got for it.

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
You can fool all of the people some of the time.
But you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Cipolla's third law of stupidity "A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses." Guess that applies to most who voted for what we got on 1st Jan.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

It amazes me the candidates put forward to stand in general elections, what pool of talent must they be choosing from? It amazes me more that some people then get elected. One would think, when choosing a candidate, the aim would be to choose someone likely to win new votes, with broad appeal. I think it's a problem of our system and a problem of 'safe seats'. Proportional representation would at least give a reason for the people who want to vote for a different party in such 'safe seat' areas a reason to vote. I wonder if voter turnout is lower in safe seat areas, as voters must think there is little point in voting, either for or against the favourite candidate.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

I do not like RM but he is very good at winding up people who take him at face-value.By luring gullible people with fake acts of stupidity,he distracts those people who overlook other more serious aspects of his persona.In the end the salient features are overlooked and the trivia ghas worked.Dont be a mug.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Oldjohnw wrote:Complete and utter Pollocks. Floundering as usual. Cod Almighty. what a total sPratt.
Salmon'll knock him Orfe his Perch, Ide like to believe. :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

mumbojumbo wrote:I do not like RM but he is very good at winding up people who take him at face-value.By luring gullible people with fake acts of stupidity,he distracts those people who overlook other more serious aspects of his persona.In the end the salient features are overlooked and the trivia ghas worked.Dont be a mug.

He also has the power as leader of the house to control business, close committees and more.
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

661-Pete wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Complete and utter Pollocks. Floundering as usual. Cod Almighty. what a total sPratt.
Salmon'll knock him Orfe his Perch, Ide like to believe. :twisted:

Not forgetting Sturgeon! JR-M is a shrimp of a man. A minnow in shark infested waters.
John
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

kwackers wrote:Where's Al?
Ideal thread for him to pop up and tell us how good the fish is in his local fishmongers...

He might but he's going to have to eat lots to make up for the losses in the fishing industry. :lol: :lol:
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Anyone remember Michael Gove telling us all that the reason he always wanted to leave the EU was that the EU destroyed his father's fish business?
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Scottish fish being landed in Denmark:
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/scots-fishermen-landing-catches-in-denmark-after-brexit-fergus-ewing-says/

Ans some interesting requests for compensation from "the Government". What are the general principles that should apply to that decision?

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Excellent piece by DAG on Ministers reading the laws for which they're responsible:
https://davidallengreen.com/2021/01/why ... -advisors/

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Did someone say "you couldn't make it up"? :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2021/01/16/seafood-happy-to-be-rotting-in-grangemouth-than-digested-in-a-european-stomach/ wrote:Seafood happy to be rotting in Grangemouth than digested in a European stomach
As the bureaucratic red tape relating to the UK’s exit from the European Single Market settles down, a Brexit supporting packet of smoked haddock was said to be ecstatic that instead of being consumed and digested by a European, they will instead be left to decay inside a shipping container at Grangemouth Docks.

“This is exactly what I voted for”, the vacuumed packed Piscean comestible cried, “A British fish, killed by British Fisherman, rotting in a British Dock. ”
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

reohn2 wrote:Did someone say "you couldn't make it up"? :?

Sadly I seem to be saying this a lot recently!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Phil Fouracre wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Did someone say "you couldn't make it up"? :?

Sadly I seem to be saying this a lot recently!

I've neen saying it for a loonnnggg time now! :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden