Census 2021

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Census 2021

Post by Oldjohnw »

Government departments are by law limited in what they can share. Individual medical records (as opposed to statistics) are a no-no.
John
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

[XAP]Bob wrote:
philvantwo wrote:Had our letter arrive yesterday, says to do the form online from 21st March onwards.
Does it ask if you've got a TV licence?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can also do it early, it does explicitly say so

I filled in my return online yesterday.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

So certain government data is safe from sharing? That may be the intention, but reality is an entire different ball game? My response would be Jim Royle's favourite utterance :roll: .
I wonder how many "Secure" data files fall victim to security lapses? MM
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Did mine on Friday...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Wondered why I hadn’t heard more of it. Turns out Scotland has put back our census till next year.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

merseymouth wrote:So certain government data is safe from sharing? That may be the intention, but reality is an entire different ball game? My response would be Jim Royle's favourite utterance :roll: .
I wonder how many "Secure" data files fall victim to security lapses? MM

If you are aware of an instance of illegal sharing take it to the Information Commissioner.
John
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

simonineaston wrote:Did mine on Friday...
I was going to wait until 21st March, but having read this thread and found that I can fill it in beforehand, I can rid of the clutter of it on the coffee table.

I'll do it shortly.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS:
Thirdcrank's father has been quoted as saying, "What would happen if everybody did that?"

Just say, everybody filled in the form BEFORE census day.
What would that do to the validity of the census?

I could fill it in now, and before the 21st, me and Mrs Mick F could get killed in a horrible and tragic accident.
The leaflet that came with the census form states that you can fill it in prior to census day, but if your circumstances change, to let them know.

How can anyone let them know if they are dead and have filled the form in a week before death?
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Seen and heard nowt yet - should I have?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Where are you?

We received our letter and registration code by dead tree mail on Saturday.

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Last time I looked I was near Bicester, Oxon :wink:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

We're just a short ride south.

: - )

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

On the subject of doing it immediately and not waiting till 21 March, there is the ability to revise an entry - and indeed an obligation to do so - if circumstances change in the meantime. The responsibility for completion is on the head of the household so if anybody was standing on ceremony, the death of the person who completed it early shouldn't make any difference.

I fancy that any discrepancies caused by the sudden death of somebody completing the form in advance will be insignificant compared with those caused by people intent on buggering it up.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol:
Excellent TC.
Mick F. Cornwall
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

State schools have to complete a pupil census three times a year. The software they use to do it lets them carry out dry-runs pretty much anytime, but the actual returns must be based on pupil numbers on the right day. Data collected includes exactly how many "universal infant school meals" are consumed on the day, leading to the notion shared amongst headteachers that an element of school funding depends on this number. The consequence is that the census day meal is often high in fat, salt & sugar in order to tempt the little so-and-sos to the table!! Talk about ironies...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)