Supermarket home delivery mistakes.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Supermarket home delivery mistakes.

Post by Oldjohnw »

mjr wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 7:57pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 7:50pm Once we started using the app it was straightforward enough.
If you trust Tesco with access to your calendar, email, location and network connection info and let their app run at startup... well, you're a lot more trusting with your information than I am.

Or maybe you have a sacrificial device that you don't use for anything else and leave switched off otherwise.
Merely saying my experience of using the app to shop. Others have had negative experiences of home delivery: mine has been all positive.
John
Syd

Post by Syd »

mjr wrote: If you trust Tesco with access to your calendar, email, location and network connection info and let their app run at startup... well, you're a lot more trusting with your information than I am.

Or maybe you have a sacrificial device that you don't use for anything else and leave switched off otherwise.
On what device please does the app require such access?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Syd wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 8:01am
mjr wrote: If you trust Tesco with access to your calendar, email, location and network connection info and let their app run at startup... well, you're a lot more trusting with your information than I am.

Those are the permissions listed on its Google Play Store page.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I have just installed the app on my phone and no such permissions were requested.
John
Syd

Post by Syd »

mjr wrote:
Syd wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 8:01am

Those are the permissions listed on its Google Play Store page.
Thanks. I don’t have an android device.

Works fine on an iPhone with permissions disabled where possible.