Attention Mick F!! (pubs open 12th April)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
markjohnobrien

Re: Attention Mick F!! (pubs open 12th April)

Post by markjohnobrien »

Both jealous and yes please.

Especially what you drink.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I shan't be going till I can sit inside and have a meal but I'm pleased that around here, at least, it's bright sunshine after an overnight frost. That should be welcome to those landlords who have decided to pen today.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

40odd minutes walk and called in at the Riser. Three people there before me, and me and doggie made it at (only) 12:10. Two more arrived after us.

I had two pints of Dartmoor Legend. :D
............. and then walked home. I'll be back again with Mrs Mick F at 5pm at our booked table. Meeting Daughter2 and a friend too. Tables can be book for the evening coz it might be busy after people finish work.

Photos, not of the beer, but the new covered area in the garden. Still wonderful views! :D
They spent a couple of weeks levelling out the ground, making the area bigger, and erecting the shelter, fences and laying gravel.
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Looks nice Mick. Ours appears closed still. The Landlord took a job as a binman during the lockdown

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Very nice views: they’ve done a good job.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Still many pubs closed hereabouts, and nationally I have no doubt.
Not may pubs have enough outdoor space to make the business viable.

The Queens Head up the hill won't be opening as it only has a small outdoor seating area, and the Boot Inn down in Calstock has no garden at all.

The Carpenters Arms in Metherell may open, and the Rifle Volunteer up on the main road is definitely opening.
White Hart Chilsworthy is opening later this week.
The Swingle Tree up in Kelly Bray has a huge lawn and seating area, so that will definitely be open.

http://www.kelly-bray.co.uk/pub/index.html
https://whitehartchilsworthy.com
https://www.facebook.com/tonyandglyn/
https://www.riflevolunteer.com
https://www.facebook.com/carperntersarms2020/
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Is that the pub that was featured on the 'Save our Pubs' programme with Tom Kerridge Mick?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS:

We have nine pubs within walking distance.
Map I made of ten, but the Tavistock Arms in Gunnislake closed a few years ago, so now there's only nine.
Pubs.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Bonefishblues wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:26pm Is that the pub that was featured on the 'Save our Pubs' programme with Tom Kerridge Mick?
The White Hart was indeed featured.

Amy and Ian run it.
Know them well.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mick F wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:30pm
Bonefishblues wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:26pm Is that the pub that was featured on the 'Save our Pubs' programme with Tom Kerridge Mick?
The White Hart was indeed featured.

Amy and Ian run it.
Know them well.
Nice people. She in particular is an absolute force of nature, it seemed!
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Which is more important to you, going to the pub or getting your hair professionally cut?

This does not apply to mickf of course.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

markjohnobrien wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:12pm Very nice views: they’ve done a good job.
A proper job, shirley? :D

...and hair, any day. A enmulleted at the moment :?
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Tangled Metal wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:35pm Which is more important to you, going to the pub or getting your hair professionally cut?

Camra real ale pub with outstanding beers over a hair cut - I’ve bought clippers during the last year and not using barbers again.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Bonefishblues wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:35pm
markjohnobrien wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:12pm Very nice views: they’ve done a good job.
A proper job, shirley? :D

Yes, it should be “proper job” in that neck of the woods!
CliveyT

Post by CliveyT »

Tangled Metal wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 4:35pm Which is more important to you, going to the pub or getting your hair professionally cut?

I'm at the other extreme to MickF and my last haircut that I actually paid for was almost 20 year ago, but it's now 5 pm, I've planned my commute home to pass a couple of hostelries, at least one of which I know will be open, the sun is shining and I'll have a tailwind