Attention Mick F!! (pubs open 12th April)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
markjohnobrien

Re: Attention Mick F!! (pubs open 12th April)

Post by markjohnobrien »

Paulatic wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 11:00am
Ride-sleep-repeat wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:47am Happy memories
Mine aren’t so happy :|
As a student in Newcastle in the seventies I woke up one morning. Door to corridor wide open, blood on the wall, blood on my face, half clothed. No memory whatsoever of what happened.
Definite journey into space :lol:
Newcastle Brown always gave me a vicious headache which other drinks don’t.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

markjohnobrien wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 9:59am The club was probably Rock City.
Although Rock City was a staple for me(us) for 20-odd years on the occasion mentioned it was actually Rock Night at The Roxy,Sheffield(every other Monday).
It was always Rebels,Sheffield and Rock City,|Nottingham on Fri/Sat nights and Roxy every other Monday.The rest of the week it was the Wap(Wapentake) and Yorkshireman,Sheffield.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Three mile walk with the doggie today.
Ended the walk at the Rising Sun, ready to sink a couple of Dartmoor Legend beers. Arrived at 12:30 ready to sit outside in the sunshine.

Doggie had a good drink out of the water bowl ................... but there was a bar-pump delivery issue and they were unable to serve beer except lager and cider! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Engineer due mid afternoon, so me and doggie walked the last mile home without me having a beer ........... so at home, I cracked open a can or three of Lidl's Hatherwood.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Wouldnt have got that problem at my favourite haunt. Barrels on stools with simple taps...no gas! Large turnover, no stale beer :D

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Large turnover at Riser too, but the cellar is out the back, and no doubt they have some sort of gas to keep the beer and to assist it to the hand pumps.

This is one of the regulars :D
Rising Sun Bar.JPG
Mick F. Cornwall