pukka pies

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
cyclop

pukka pies

Post by cyclop »

I had a pukka pie,nice pastry,nice gravy,hardly any meat.I complained a month ago,no reply.I won,t bother again.Pukka means the real deal,the dogs b.......s,damn good,sorry,no.
simonineaston

Re: pukka pies

Post by simonineaston »

dude, you gotta go with ginsters, innit....
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
gaz

Post by gaz »

Untitled.png
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Fray Bentos is surely better.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Over the last 12 months I've complained about food products on 4 separate occasions (excluding home delivery rejections). Always to manufacturer rather than retailer and always by e-mail and every time getting a prompt response followed by vouchers to the value of 4-6 times the product cost (except 1 company that sends me a hamper with several of the faulty product as well as a wide range of all their other product - various porridge oat products).

If I spend money and it turns out inadequate on opening I'll generally pursue the issue (e-mail makes it free, quick and easy). The above 4 complaints were to 3 companies, 2 of which I've complained to several times before (I eat a lot of their product and they do sometimes produce duff batches).

I never demand vouchers or replacement, don't do a "Mr. Angry"; generally my aim is to let them know they have an issue. When I was in business we actually appreciated justified complaints - they told us where we were going wrong and we could then fix the issue.

Ian
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Passion for Pie, Newton Abbot. Postal service. The best pies ever... Crammed with meat. My favourite is the chicken leek and mushroom. Lovely pastry too.

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 4 Mar 2021, 4:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Debs

Post by Debs »

cyclop wrote:I had a pukka pie, nice pastry, nice gravy, hardly any meat. I complained a month ago.....

Even better not to have any meat!

These are rather yummy! :P

thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The best pies round here come from Walker's Little Pie Shop in Drighlington. It's the shop that's little, not the pies.

https://www.facebook.com/walkerslittlepieshop/
Clouded Leopard

Post by Clouded Leopard »

Greenhalgh’s pies from Bolton. Especially the beef steak or potato and meat varieties. Sell them on the ELR great to round off a train assisted ride.
When the earth becomes sick the animals will begin to die. When that happens The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Our home-made Spanakopita ('σπανακόπιτα' - Greek for 'spinach pie' - veggie but not vegan) is amazing! It invariably gets gobbled up in less than no time. Pity I can't supply it, but I can give out the recipe, if anyone wants...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Debs wrote:
cyclop wrote:I had a pukka pie, nice pastry, nice gravy, hardly any meat. I complained a month ago.....

Even better not to have any meat!

These are rather yummy! :P

I thought Veg/Vegan food had moved beyond simply apeing Non-V food?
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Bonefishblues wrote:I thought Veg/Vegan food had moved beyond simply apeing Non-V food?

Though 'vegan' is quite clear I'm surprised they can describe them as 'minced steak' or 'chicken'.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Ben@Forest wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I thought Veg/Vegan food had moved beyond simply apeing Non-V food?

Though 'vegan' is quite clear I'm surprised they can describe them as 'minced steak' or 'chicken'.

Indeed - were it non-V and didn't contain those ingredients in the requisite proportions, then it would be verboten, so am puzzle too.
rjb

Post by rjb »

In this age of recycling where possible the next batch could be filled with Soylent Green. :mrgreen:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Ben@Forest wrote:

So am I. But clearly some who eat vegan food favour these meat 'substitutes' and expect them to be named after the meat they're supposed to emulate. Doesn't bother me, though the French meat industry in particular have been having kittens* over it....

*possibly literally....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).