Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by Cowsham »

Had my second jab today -- feel nowt, nothing, zilch. ( Pfizer )

same as when I got the first one.

I think my body just destroys any foreign substance. My immune system is trying to kill me never mind covid.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Still nothing to report -- did I get anything at all?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Not having any symptoms afterwards is pretty common and doesn't mean anything.

Jonathan
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Had 2nd jab on Wed.. Absolutely nothing to report - no discomfort, no after-effects and presumably no Covid... well, not until a new variant rocks up to which I am not immune, that is.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mrs Cow got hers on Wednesday and started feeling very nauseous. Still bad nausea 4 days later -- she had the AZ vaccine.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Yesterday saw quite a few people with appointments walk away from their appointments. I think the prospect of queuing in the rain for over an hour discouraged them.

Ian
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Jdsk wrote: 8 May 2021, 6:03pm Not having any symptoms afterwards is pretty common and doesn't mean anything.

Jonathan
Indeed, but for those of us who are immunocompromised it would have been (perversely) nice to have some side effect.

I’m paying for an IgG/IgM spike protein assay, not to relax my behaviour significantly, but to determine if I need to go back into further isolation as the rest of country goes on a spree.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 17 May 2021, 12:21pm
Jdsk wrote: 8 May 2021, 6:03pm Not having any symptoms afterwards is pretty common and doesn't mean anything.

Jonathan
Indeed, but for those of us who are immunocompromised it would have been (perversely) nice to have some side effect.

I’m paying for an IgG/IgM spike protein assay, not to relax my behaviour significantly, but to determine if I need to go back into further isolation as the rest of country goes on a spree.
This was recommended by a friend who worked on the AZ covid vaccine R&D team.

https://www.testingforall.org/individuals/
jo' bo

Post by jo' bo »

thirdcrank wrote: 5 Mar 2021, 11:15am I'm staring this in the hope of getting a bit of an idea of the wider picture.

(Motivated by Syd's post about their second jab)
Not had my first yet, they sent me increasing insistent letters culminating in a get the jab or else die ultimatum
.which sort of got my back up,

Then nothing for a couple of months ,now they have taken to ringing me up to discuss my concerns, which if they had taken that attitude to begin with I may have co operated, to late now
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

jo' bo wrote: 17 May 2021, 1:38pmNot had my first yet, they sent me increasing insistent letters culminating in a get the jab or else die ultimatum

Then nothing for a couple of months ,now they have taken to ringing me up to discuss my concerns, which if they had taken that attitude to begin with I may have co operated, to late now
That doesn't explain why you didn't accept the initial offer.

Do you think that the vaccine is protective against death and serious illness caused by the virus?

Thanks

Jonathan
jo' bo

Post by jo' bo »

Jdsk wrote: 17 May 2021, 1:53pm
jo' bo wrote: 17 May 2021, 1:38pmNot had my first yet, they sent me increasing insistent letters culminating in a get the jab or else die ultimatum

That doesn't explain why you didn't accept the initial offer.

Do you think that the vaccine is protective against death and serious illness caused by the virus?

Thanks

Jonathan
The initial offer was a bit insistent, it went down hill from there, I would possibly have taken them up on it left to my own devices of doing it when I had nothing better to do with my afternoon, they aparently didnt approve of this lackadaisical attitude and turned up the hysteria and level of demand

Yes I belive the vacine is probably benificual, for society. I've either had it, I'm one of the many with natral immunity or been extraordinary lucky, in which case everyone elses herd immunity will look after my well being
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks.

Do you think that by not being vaccinated you increase the chance of passing the virus to other people?

Jonathan
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

jo' bo wrote: 17 May 2021, 2:05pm Yes I belive the vacine is probably benificual, for society. I've either had it, I'm one of the many with natral immunity or been extraordinary lucky, in which case everyone elses herd immunity will look after my well being

Everyone else's herd immunity won't look after those of us who can't have, or might not respond to, the vaccine.

Unless you have a particularly strong reason to not have the vaccine (i.e. an allergy to the contents) then it is ~40 minutes of your time that is a very valuable contribution to society.

I'm not quite sure what level of control you expect to see when 130,000 people are killed by something. I would argue that we have seen hysterically *low* levels of restrictions, and probably more significantly have repeatedly seen those restrictions applied too late and some of them lifted too early.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

jo' bo wrote: 17 May 2021, 2:38pmThe vacine as it is, doesnt stop you contracting the disease and doesnt stop you spreading it, it does stop YOU from having a bad reaction.
It protects against death and serious disease.

It also reduces transmission to others:
"Impact of vaccination on household transmission of SARS-COV-2 in England"
https://khub.net/documents/135939561/39 ... 9601878136

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Good for you - you're sticking it to the man there.