Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 11:18am I don't know what others will choose to use and accept... my prediction was only about a national system if there ever is one.
Or two:

"The documents – likely to be different from domestic Covid certificates, which the government is working on separately – are still under development but should be made available before restrictions on international travel lift next month, sources said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -by-17-may

Jonathan
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Had my 2nd jab this morning.
Excellent experience and happy helpful staff.

Bomb proof now.
Mick F. Cornwall
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Had the call on Thursday. "Health centre, If you can get here within the hour you can have your second jab". A-Z in my case. A three mile round trip on the shopper.

Mick F - not bomb proof yet, it takes 3 weeks to maximise immunity.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

“[Vaccinated] older folks can go and kiss everyone on the basis that they’re highly unlikely to get seriously ill and die. But if they want to bring the pandemic to an end, they need to continue to take precautions just like everyone else.”

and other advice, most of which is sensible:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ely-do-now

Jonathan
mjr

Post by mjr »

661-Pete wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 3:30pm At our centre they're now giving out cards with printed labels stuck on, including not only my name, DOB and the vaccine and batch details, but also a QR code. Not that it's much good to me as I don't have a smartphone - but it's self-evident now, that We. Are. Being. Watched...... :shock:
If it's like the one I scanned, the QR code is only the DOB and NHS number again. Probably an attempt to reduce transcription errors as vaccinations continue and administrators tire.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

tatanab wrote: 1 May 2021, 2:12pm Mick F - not bomb proof yet, it takes 3 weeks to maximise immunity.
The medic chap said a couple of weeks to be bomb proof, but I consider myself as bomb proof as I can be as of now.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote: 1 May 2021, 2:07pm Had my 2nd jab this morning.
Excellent experience and happy helpful staff.

Bomb proof now.
Ha ha I had my second jab on the 30th.
Didn't feel a thing but there was blood :P
I've got nobody to kiss so I'm not bothered that much :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Mick F wrote: 1 May 2021, 7:23pm The medic chap said a couple of weeks to be bomb proof
Isn't it a bit laughable? I've never been in a panic about covid, recognizing, despite dirty looks from various police officers and supermarket operatives that going for a walk, run, cycle ride or shop several times a week in an empty countryside or town wasn't a danger to myself or AN Other. It was superb, walking across the main East Coast road or rail line, whilst everyone hid in their houses in 2020 or during the past few months. :roll:

Where'as both last September and now, it seems absurd that all those people who hid away, now act as if it's over :lol: . I actually find myself staying off the bus, out of shops and away from town, because all these individuals now mill around, without spacing, face masks or anything else :wink: . Why have the no. of local cases suddenly increased fivefold, in the space of 14 days :lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 1 May 2021, 8:22pm
Mick F wrote: 1 May 2021, 7:23pm The medic chap said a couple of weeks to be bomb proof
Isn't it a bit laughable? I've never been in a panic about covid, recognizing, despite dirty looks from various police officers and supermarket operatives that going for a walk, run, cycle ride or shop several times a week in an empty countryside or town wasn't a danger to myself or AN Other. It was superb, walking across the main East Coast road or rail line, whilst everyone hid in their houses in 2020 or during the past few months. :roll:

Where'as both last September and now, it seems absurd that all those people who hid away, now act as if it's over :lol: . I actually find myself staying off the bus, out of shops and away from town, because all these individuals now mill around, without spacing, face masks or anything else :wink: . Why have the no. of local cases suddenly increased fivefold, in the space of 14 days :lol:
Cos schools have been open for a few weeks now -- ours has cases already.
I am here. Where are you?
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Cowsham wrote: 1 May 2021, 8:48pm Cos schools have been open for a few weeks now -- ours has cases already.
Primary school not far from me has closed due to Covid. This in a community with no cases for weeks.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Had my second Pfizer jag two days ago. Arm a bit tender at first but already nearly back to normal, otherwise no side effects. Does that mean it hasn't taken? My husband had his second a week ago and felt a bit rough for a few hours but was soon ok again.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cowsham wrote: 1 May 2021, 8:48pm
Cos schools have been open for a few weeks now -- ours has cases already.
Perhaps, but living very much in a two tier area, covid infections in local ,lower socio economic areas clearly don't bear any relationship to school attendance. Why do areas dominated by people who smoke, don't cycle, drink lager, wear tracksuits, are obese, happen to have several times the infection rate of higher socio economic areas? Why are they mopre likely to develop covid?

It is interesting, rather suggestive that personal behavioural factors contribute to higher death rates.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I get the impression from my partner who works with men and women, that men seem to suffer more?
I have the flu jab every year and I would say for me that has more of an affect short-term than the jab Pfizer has up to now.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Burnt my code
Yellow card system deaths and GP previous adverse reactions siblings and I.
millimole

Post by millimole »

Had my second Pfizer vaccination on Wednesday and felt seriously unwell on Thursday with chills, aching joints and a vaguely nauseous sensation.
I had paracetamol and a very hot bath (my usual cure all) late in the day, and was perfectly fine on Friday .
Odd because I had no reaction to the first dose.
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider