Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
markjohnobrien

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by markjohnobrien »

mjr wrote: 3 May 2021, 11:23am
Ride-sleep-repeat wrote: 3 May 2021, 9:50am
mjr wrote: 2 May 2021, 5:21pm
England's third national lockdown ended on 29 March. I'm not aware of extra local restrictions in Sheffield. Some businesses must remain closed and gathering sizes are limited but not much else significant.
Really?We still can't go inside pubs/cafes/restuarants/football stadiums/etc,etc,etc.I'm almost certain it will be the same where you reside?So we are still in a 'lockdown' of sorts are we not?
This is why I added 'of sorts' to that sentence.
Come off it. England's actual lockdowns barely qualified as lockdowns with few distance limits, almost no checking and fewer than 1 in 4 working from home. Indoor gatherings not yet being allowed is nowhere near a lockdown. If we had a lockdown, like France or Ireland, so many snowflakes here would go into meltdown!
Yes, especially France where a permit was required to leave the house.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

markjohnobrien wrote: 3 May 2021, 11:31am
Really?We still can't go inside pubs/cafes/restuarants/football stadiums/etc,etc,etc.I'm almost certain it will be the same where you reside?So we are still in a 'lockdown' of sorts are we not?
Come off it. England's actual lockdowns barely qualified as lockdowns with few distance limits, almost no checking and fewer than 1 in 4 working from home. Indoor gatherings not yet being allowed is nowhere near a lockdown. If we had a lockdown, like France or Ireland, so many snowflakes here would go into meltdown!
Yes, especially France where a permit was required to leave the house.
And their Police rigorously enforced compliance.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

England's third national lockdown ended on 29 March. I'm not aware of extra local restrictions in Sheffield. Some businesses must remain closed and gathering sizes are limited but not much else significant.
But I suspect a lot more people would be alive (maybe add "timely" to the lockdown rather than "dithering delays").

Ian
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

Again I stress that is why I wrote 'Lockdown of sorts'.I have said from Day 1 we haven't had a proper 'lockdown'.
You are now contradicting yourself!
England's third national lockdown ended on 29 March
Your words not mine.
How can the lockdown you quoted end on 29 March if we didn't really have one?Which is it?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Jdsk wrote: 3 May 2021, 11:26am AFAICT many people in the UK do not understand that other countries have and had more stringent controls.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Some countries, you weren't allowed to leave your front door.
Others, you weren't allowed to be more than 100mtrs from your home.

We have three acres as our property, and it's 100mtrs even to the road, and acres and acres of deserted woodland and fields we could amble through and not see a living soul. We are not unusual in this, but very very different to the city and town dwellers that the rules are written for.
Mick F. Cornwall
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

It seems to me a great many people have continued to travel pretty much at will.

Take this example.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... into-doubt
Everest Base Camp.

Quote:-
“I have taken a helicopter out of EBC [Everest base camp] back to Kathmandu after 1 day,” Gina Marie Han-Lee, a climber from New York, wrote on Facebook on 29 April. “Once I was in the hospital [in Kathmandu] a Covid test confirmed I was positive and had pneumonia. I’ve spent four nights in the ICU.”

Was she unvaccinated? From New York!!!

Meanwhile.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... id-vaccine
In NZ any border staff who refuse vaccination lose their jobs. They are only 5% of the workforce, one would have thought an alternative position could have been found for just nine?
Tolerant old NZ eh?

People have definitely continued to fly to Mallorca etc. It was reported that at Easter 20,000 German tourists went by plane.

And,
The EU has just announced a likely resumption of unrestricted travel, subject to vaccination.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56970398

Good news pending the detail.
And having access to or possessing the correct up to date technology.

I wonder about some of these anomalies.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote: 3 May 2021, 12:46pm
Again I stress that is why I wrote 'Lockdown of sorts'.I have said from Day 1 we haven't had a proper 'lockdown'.
You are now contradicting yourself!
England's third national lockdown ended on 29 March
Your words not mine.
How can the lockdown you quoted end on 29 March if we didn't really have one?Which is it?
"Barely qualified as a lockdown" means it still qualified as one, so there was no contradiction in my words IMO.

Whereas, if you thought that we have never been in lockdown, how could we be in any sort of one still? Now that's inconsistent and I feel claiming we are still in any sort of lockdown is mainly an attempt to confuse and upset.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

mjr wrote: 3 May 2021, 4:15pm Whereas, if you thought that we have never been in lockdown, how could we be in any sort of one still? Now that's inconsistent and I feel claiming we are still in any sort of lockdown is mainly an attempt to confuse and upset.
Well you couldn't be further from the truth with what you 'feel' but that statement answers a certain question I've been pondering.
The feeling I'm getting is hitting my head against a wall and in light of very recent,shall we say exchanges,...I'm out.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Following Bill and Belinda Gates’ divorce will that mean that only half of us will be run by Microsoft implanted chips?

Asking for a concerned conspiracy theorist friend.
John
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Lock downs are generally unpopular but so is increased outbreaks.
Our first Lock down was the most severe. Only allowed out for once a day, no more than 2 km from home and for 1 hour. You had to print out your on-line declaration and sign it. It had to be taken with you.
Our most recent one (not the last I suspect) the time limit was removed and distance increased to 10 km.
It's generally unpopular and the 6 pm to 6 am curfew was extremely unpopular.
My son works shifts and has never been stopped throughout this time.
I only know one person who has been stopped and this was a lady out walking her dog.
Some parts of the world had really tough lock downs and I'm glad we didn't experience this, ours was bad enough.
Last edited by francovendee on 7 May 2021, 8:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote: 3 May 2021, 11:10am Side effects?

My arm ached for a day or so after the first jab, but no aches at all with the second.
Nothing else to report.
I am assuming that it didn't affect your right arm and ability to raise your hand to your mouth, mind you Your left elbow is for leaning on isn't it :lol:
Maybe they have retired you to the armchair by the fire down at your local :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol:

Pubs outside only of course.
Me and Sailor the dog had a couple of miles walk this afternoon and called in at the Rising Sun on the way.
He had a couple of bikkies from the landlord, and I had a couple of pints.

It's what your right hand's for?
Could have had a few sips via the left hand maybe?

Chatted to my mate who turned up, and told him about what his little packet with the keys was for.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=145498
Mick F. Cornwall
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Had my second Pfizer dose this morning.
So far, as with the first, no side effects.
The injection site is not even tender.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

But did you have the Bill Gates or the Melinda Gates version (now that they are separate?)

Ian
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote: 6 May 2021, 6:13pm But did you have the Bill Gates or the Melinda Gates version (now that they are separate?)

Ian
I thought it best not to ask.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?