Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Who's had their second jab?

Post by thirdcrank »

I'm staring this in the hope of getting a bit of an idea of the wider picture.

(Motivated by Syd's post about their second jab)
rjb

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by rjb »

Swmbo and I had our Pfizer vaccinations at the same time at the start of february. Mrs had her booster 3 weeks later as she is on the vulnerable list. I have to wait for my 2nd but have an appointment booked in mid April, 12 weeks after the first.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

rjb wrote:Swmbo and I had our Pfizer vaccinations at the same time at the start of february. Mrs had her booster 3 weeks later as she is on the vulnerable list. I have to wait for my 2nd but have an appointment booked in mid April, 12 weeks after the first.

Still no news on my second, but when my wife booked as a carer she got to book both appts...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

I had to book both, first one on Sat next is end of May.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

For us it's a "don't call us, we'll call you" situation - and no call yet. :( We had our first beginning of February, so it'll probably be quite a wait.

Our son (age 34) has had his second jab already: the 'Sputnik 5' in Russia. Ironically he returned to UK just a few days later, and he may still be in line for the ones offered here. For his age group it'll be some time in the summer. Apparently there's been slack uptake in Russia - possibly the anti-vax sentiment taking effect. But after he had the first, there was an announcement that Russia would no longer be vaccinating foreigners - so he got in just in time.

A bigger worry is countries in mainland Europe. One of our friends in France - a man in his 80s and with health issues - still hasn't been offered his first. If that's the effect of you-know-what, it's ironically to Britain's benefit and the detriment of the EU. Not a situation I'm comfortable with...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

My wife, aged 63, is awaiting hearing about her first. I am not expecting my second until the end of April/beginning of May.
John
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

My wifes early sixties too and has not been offered her first yet - I'm still a young lad (late 50s) so not much chance of me getting my first any time soon.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Pebble wrote:My wifes early sixties too and has not been offered her first yet - I'm still a young lad (late 50s) so not much chance of me getting my first any time soon.

My brother (58) is going for his first this Sat.

Ian
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

I'm just the wrong side of early 50s, just been offered and booked my first.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Had mine 2Feb My Surgery also gave me the date for my second jab April 16 My surgery is only a small village surgery and they are organising the jabs for a surgery five miles away
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

First was 30 Jan. Booked through NHS and was given time, date and ref no for 2nd simultaneously - 19 April.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Am I right in thinking that if you had your first through your own GP you don’t get the date for your second (my case) but if you book through the NHS and have it at a centre, you immediately get your second date?
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

No, had mine at the surgery and was given the date then. And at the same time as the first.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:No, had mine at the surgery and was given the date then. And at the same time as the first.

Al

Thanks, Al. My card gave the vaccination details but the revisit date was left blank. I have heard (from a doctor friend) that things were very much ahead up here so supplies were diverted elsewhere. The MP denies this but Public Health says it is true.
John
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

From.above and personal sources I suspect that if NHS then 2 dates from outset because that is how the admin system is configured. GP group led programmes have varied approaches, some auto generate the 2nd based on the 1st, some don't. As one would expect of a national v local system.