Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by Jdsk »

Oldjohnw wrote:Am I right in thinking that if you had your first through your own GP you don’t get the date for your second (my case) but if you book through the NHS and have it at a centre, you immediately get your second date?

That seems to be a very common observation.

djnotts wrote:From.above and personal sources I suspect that if NHS then 2 dates from outset because that is how the admin system is configured. GP group led programmes have varied approaches, some auto generate the 2nd based on the 1st, some don't. As one would expect of a national v local system.

This feels like the most likely explanation. I have seen the systems and information architecture and it's pretty complex. I don't think that it has been published. But at that point I was only checking that the record of vaccination enters the GPs' clinical information systems, and I wasn't interested in the recall process.

Jonathan

PS: Both methods are "NHS" in some sense. I say "national online" to distinguish that from the method which is driven by the GPs' CIS.

PPS; This may differ between the countries of the UK.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"....I was only checking that the record of vaccination enters the GPs' clinical information systems..."

Not sure that it does! I certainly got a reminder to have a first jab from the GP group some weeks after I had done so via the "NHS" process. Details of my 1st came by text, of the 2nd in a second text less than 1 minute later, same time, same place. Different ref no (+1). Clearly simply added x days to 1st appointment.
I imagine will be a similar auto reminder.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks.

I was interested in the record of vaccination, not anything to do with appointments... and i don't know how the GPs' CISs use that record...

Jonathan
pwa

Post by pwa »

My wife had her second (Pfizer) jab yesterday. Sha was warned that a lot of people have stronger side effects with the second jab with Pfizer than they had with the first, but she seems okay today. My son (health worker) had his second yesterday too.

I get my first jab next Thursday. Probably OxAZ, which is fine.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

pwa wrote:My wife had her second (Pfizer) jab yesterday. Sha was warned that a lot of people have stronger side effects with the second jab with Pfizer than they had with the first, but she seems okay today. My son (health worker) had his second yesterday too.

I hope I get some side effect from the second jab... would give me some indication that it had done anything.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

[XAP]Bob wrote:
pwa wrote:My wife had her second (Pfizer) jab yesterday. Sha was warned that a lot of people have stronger side effects with the second jab with Pfizer than they had with the first, but she seems okay today. My son (health worker) had his second yesterday too.

I hope I get some side effect from the second jab... would give me some indication that it had done anything.

Same here. Wondered if I had been given the placebo as part of continuing experimental trials programme.
ossie

Post by ossie »

Had the first jab today ..AZ.

No date as yet for the second as it was done through my GP. However the centre administering said 12 weeks or earlier which will fit in with a potential trip abroad in early June.

Things seem to be gathering pace. On Tuesday 55 plus were called forward, three days later 50 and over in our area. My son administering jabs in the SW said they were doing 40's.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Had the second Pfizer jab today.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

thirdcrank wrote: 5 Mar 2021, 11:15am I'm staring this in the hope of getting a bit of an idea of the wider picture.

(Motivated by Syd's post about their second jab)
Not me: not old enough.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
rjb

Post by rjb »

thirdcrank wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 4:22pm Had the second Pfizer jab today.
Me too, down in Somerset. The West country may be ahead of the curve. I'm 69.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

rjb wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 6:52pm
thirdcrank wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 4:22pm Had the second Pfizer jab today.
Me too, down in Somerset. The West country may be ahead of the curve. I'm 69.
Up with the leaders I imagine. I was one of the early over-70s cohort and my 2nd is due Monday.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

djnotts wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 7:31am From.above and personal sources I suspect that if NHS then 2 dates from outset because that is how the admin system is configured. GP group led programmes have varied approaches, some auto generate the 2nd based on the 1st, some don't. As one would expect of a national v local system.
I know what you mean but they're both NHS programmes.

Jonathan
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Not sure if my case fits in with the OP question as I'm in France, but first Pfizer jab was on 4th Feb and the second on 4th March.
I had zero problems with the first but felt lousy with the second. Aching limbs, muzzy headache and feeling very tired. The aching limbs and tiredness went on for nearly a week.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

francovendee wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 8:00am Not sure if my case fits in with the OP question as I'm in France, but first Pfizer jab was on 4th Feb and the second on 4th March.
I had zero problems with the first but felt lousy with the second. Aching limbs, muzzy headache and feeling very tired. The aching limbs and tiredness went on for nearly a week.
Most people I know (work/friends/family) had nugatory side effects from their first jab - sore arm etc- but I had similar symptoms to you:

Aching all over - felt like I’d been whacked with a cricket bat repeatedly.
Exceptional tiredness and vile cough
Only lasted from Tuesday to Friday though.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Just received text reminder for my second on Monday.