Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by Cowsham »

djnotts wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 4:46pm
[XAP]Bob wrote:
pwa wrote:My wife had her second (Pfizer) jab yesterday. Sha was warned that a lot of people have stronger side effects with the second jab with Pfizer than they had with the first, but she seems okay today. My son (health worker) had his second yesterday too.

I get my first jab next Thursday. Probably OxAZ, which is fine.
I hope I get some side effect from the second jab... would give me some indication that it had done anything.
Same here. Wondered if I had been given the placebo as part of continuing experimental trials programme.
Ditto
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 9 Mar 2021, 3:52pm
rjb wrote:Swmbo and I had our Pfizer vaccinations at the same time at the start of february. Mrs had her booster 3 weeks later as she is on the vulnerable list. I have to wait for my 2nd but have an appointment booked in mid April, 12 weeks after the first.
Still no news on my second, but when my wife booked as a carer she got to book both appts...
Same here -- wife via local surgery so she got second date along with first -- mine via mass vaccine centre but when I looked at the card I was given at the centre after the first jab there was a time on but no date?

I rang the centre or booking hub. They said the date should be 10 weeks from the first date - just turn up at the same time as first jab was given - no need to book. That was early March.

Then a few days ago I checked on the hubs website -- HORRIFICATION! it says you have to book second jab ! ???

I'll ring again in case I got some numpty the first time I rang.
Last edited by Cowsham on 18 Apr 2021, 6:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am here. Where are you?
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

markjohnobrien wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 8:32am
francovendee wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 8:00am Not sure if my case fits in with the OP question as I'm in France, but first Pfizer jab was on 4th Feb and the second on 4th March.
I had zero problems with the first but felt lousy with the second. Aching limbs, muzzy headache and feeling very tired. The aching limbs and tiredness went on for nearly a week.
Most people I know (work/friends/family) had nugatory side effects from their first jab - sore arm etc- but I had similar symptoms to you:

Aching all over - felt like I’d been whacked with a cricket bat repeatedly.
Exceptional tiredness and vile cough
Only lasted from Tuesday to Friday though.
It does seem quite common, friend who's the same age experienced similar symptoms.

If we have to have a third (top up) I hope it won't be any worse.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Got my second Pfizer yesterday. Bit of a sore arm. Did 7000 steps, today did a Car Boot as a seller, 5000 steps, no problems.. taking the dogs out for 5000 steps later... Time for a pint...or three!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Got my second jab this afternoon. AZ again. Mrs P will be getting hers in a week's time. I cycled to the vacc. centre and back (about 4 miles each way; for the first jab in freezing February we took the train). I felt the pinprick more this time than last, and the nurse wiped away a bit of blood (I asked if she'd gone into a vein, but she assured me she hadn't). After some three hours I feel OK, arm very slightly aching. I'll see how I feel tomorrow...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

markjohnobrien wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 8:32am Aching all over - felt like I’d been whacked with a cricket bat repeatedly.
Exceptional tiredness and vile cough
Yesterday, Sunday, was the first day I’ve felt OK again having had the 2nd Pfizer last Monday. A headache every evening and a cough. Felt pummelled for at least three days were I was uncomfortable sitting, felt better walking/ moving then got so tired I had to sit again. Slept in on three of the week's mornings so tired i could barely wake up. :o
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

661-Pete wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 6:20pm Got my second jab this afternoon. AZ again. ...... I felt the pinprick more this time than last, and the nurse wiped away a bit of blood (I asked if she'd gone into a vein, but she assured me she hadn't). After some three hours I feel OK, arm very slightly aching. I'll see how I feel tomorrow...
My experience and timing identical! Derby Mass Centre almost empty - unlike outside queue of at least 200 last time. Apparently because GP invited area not open today, just the NHS "side". I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
Effects or not awaited....
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Had mine this morning.
They run like clockwork.
No after effects yet - I was told if I had a persistent headache after four days to seek medical advice.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, Just had the second Jag! So that is another "Clot" recorded! Brilliant service. IGICB MM
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Nil side effects from second yet - 25 miles on nice light carbon ride this a.m.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Just received a text today inviting me to the GP surgery this coming Friday.
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Had my second Pfizer jab on Saturday morning, felt fine all day, did a car boot as a seller on Sunday, took the dogs for a long walk. Went for a pretty physical ride on Monday to the top of the Blackdown Hills suffering a bit of a headache, but in the afternoon felt very sluggish and had to have a couple of hours kip before taking the dogs on a trek again. Fine today, heading for the hilltops again in a mo.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

No side effects 24 hours after my 2nd :D . But I get fairly frequent headaches following my fall and subsequent operation a little over a year ago. So if I get one in the next few days, I shan't know whether it's the vaccine or one of the 'regulars'. Best to ignore it - I rarely need to take painkillers.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

My daughter, aged 29, gets her second AZ jab tomorrow. She was fine with her first but is a little anxious about the second given the negative publicity for young women.
John
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Oldjohnw wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 8:42am My daughter, aged 29, gets her second AZ jab tomorrow. She was fine with her first but is a little anxious about the second given the negative publicity for young women.
My understanding is that the absolute risk is no worse in younger age groups, but rather the lower incidence of covid with serious effects among younger people makes the comparative risk greater ie the trade-off between risk and benefit is not quite so clear among younger people.