Oprah - anybody staying up to watch?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

That's assuming it's available here when it's first transmitted - I've not checked.
Tangled Metal

Re: Oprah - anybody staying up to watch?

Post by Tangled Metal »

You mean the Oprah interview with bitter ex royal and his wife? Not sure it's what I call a worthwhile use of my time. Sooner they disappear into obscurity the better.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

ITV will air the programme on Monday, March 8 after striking a deal with the network to acquire the rights for a reported £1 million.

What time is Harry and Meghan Oprah interview?

ITV/STV will show the programme at 9pm

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/191 ... e-details/

And "No".

Jonathan
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Definitely won't be watching. For someone who wants a normal life then the last thing I would do is a high profile TV interview.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not that we have a telly of course!
Even if we did, I wouldn't be interested in the slightest in watching it.

What gets up my nose, is that the two of them object to publicity yet they deliberately promote themselves in the media!
Therefore, it's a pointless spectacle, and the sooner they disappear, the better.

I'm a royalist at heart. We need the royal family IMHO, but if a grandson (and his wife) of the monarch want to bow out of all the pomp and ceremony, let them. Let them fade into historical oblivion.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Not at all interested. I Don’t really understand why anyone would be.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

The whole thing is a shameful spectacle and a boost for republicanism.
I will not watch, I wish they would all fade away.
Last edited by Mike Sales on 7 Mar 2021, 8:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mike Sales wrote:The whole thing is a shameful spectacle and a boost for republicanism.

Thanks. I hadn't realised that there was any upside.

Jonathan
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

no telly watched in this household - but remind me... why should I have any interest in these individuals, their PR, what they do, or their opinions? Oh I remember - I pay for them!!
They say people become gently more right-wing as they get older. Seems to be the opposite with me - I never used to mind the Royal Family much - wouldn't have her job for a Big Pig, mind and to be fair I think the woman has done a tough job rather well, clear past the date when most of her 'subjects' would have opted for retirement... however since I learn that they've lobbied hard for sundry laws that have worked out well for them (I thought they're supposed to be non-political), I find my republican sentiments have ramped up rather!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

For those with no TV, you'll be able to watch it on YouTube on your Macbooks later in the week!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote:....
What gets up my nose, is that the two of them object to publicity yet they deliberately promote themselves in the media!
Therefore, it's a pointless spectacle, and the sooner they disappear, the better. ...

Likewise. One moment they are laying into the Press for showing an interest, next moment they are doing all they can to be public celebrities promoted by the Press.

Also, I've seen nothing about this situation that is "racism". I (maybe naively) feel that hat she has brought on herself is through what she has done and how she has behaved and I've seen nothing that I could attribute to racism.

Interesting on Radio 4 news magazine'y program this morning was a royal reporter from one of the tabloids. When "royal reporter" I immediately thought he'd be all "pro" (as a royal reporter that does not sing the monarchy line does not get passed much royal information). But he was saying how Harry used to be the darling of the tabloids and all his mis-behaviour was reported in a very positive manner giving him every possible (and impossible) help on spin. But these days they are very disliked in those same publications.

I'm glad they are doing it as I believe they'll quickly spend the money but it will further speed their demise.

Ian
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Mike Sales wrote:The whole thing is a shameful spectacle and a boost for republicanism.
I will not watch, I wish they all would fade away.

Or not. Amongst royalist supporters and those who are luke-warm about the royalty, but certainly not keen on royal-bashing hosted in a foreign country, by a foreign TV host and the outpourings of ex-royals who seek a high profile to live lives in the public eye and earn a substantial crust, whilst simultaneously pleading media intrusion, there may be a reasonable amount of sympathy for the royal family in the UK.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

This kerfuffle is just the latest episode in the long running soapy saga of a dysfunctional family.
I pay little attention to these, but one can not avoid hearing about their doings. Previous episodes have included the Camilla and Diana scandals, and the Queen's annus horribilis. I expect others can add to the list. Wasn't there something about Epstein?
I understand The Crown tickles the prurient interest of some people in the doings of the royals.
It is of course this unhealthy fascination that "royalists" have which encourages the tabloids to delve into the activities of these rather dull people.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

That's the one thing it won't be. The tabloids, with their sycophantic royal-worship, will see to that.

I'll remain a republican (small 'r'!) because the tabloids do nothing for me.

Except annoy me. I wish more felt the same.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

I quite liked the two of them until the farce of preaching about the environment whilst 'private-jetting' it about every where. Since then they just seem to be on a self destruct mission, may be they can finish the job off on operah tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Won't be watching, have a loathing of all chat show type programs.

I do have and enjoy television ownership though - LOL