Bluemels Mudguard Tool - crowd funding

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
AMC

Re: Bluemels Mudguard Tool - crowd funding

Post by AMC »

Paid, thanks for organising 😊
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Paypal £10 pledge sent, thanks fastpdaller :D
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Godzy89

Post by Godzy89 »

Payment sent 👍

John
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Update ........ Just three pledge payments to go and we'll be there! I expect I'll be able to post it on Monday.
Steve Griffith, as well as making a donation, has kindly agreed to take delivery of the Bluemels mudguard tool and forward it to the Museum, which is closed until May 17th. Steve is a volunteer at the Museum.
Martin (Fastpedaller)
AMC

Post by AMC »

Great, so pleased this could happen, such a great crew on this forum 😊
horizon

Post by horizon »

£5.00 sent as promised by Paypal. Maybe we should do more of this sort of thing!
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

The Bluemels Mudguard Tool is on its way to the National Cycle Museum

Thanks to everyone here for their support and generous donations which have made this possible.
The total raised was £90, so extremely close to the target, and testament to the commitment made by the forum members.
Fastpedaller
steve.y.griffith

Post by steve.y.griffith »

Many thanks to everyone who funded this I have just received the item from fastpedaller it’s lovely and a real addition to the museum .
The museum should re- open 17./5 .check our website
Anyone who funded the purchase is welcome to a free admission to the Museum (in Llandrindod ) just let me know when you might visit
Trivia note although the Bluemels factory is long gone the site near Coventry is a housing develop but they have preserved the name and feather logo in one of the buildings
Thanks again to all who. Contributed
KennyA

Post by KennyA »

Great to hear that the target was achieved and the museum has acquired an interesting artefact.
Perhaps we could have a wish list of items that the museum would be keen to get hold of and a list of interesting items members may have that they would like to donate to the Museum for free or via crowd funding, as in this case.

Cheers, Kenny Atherton
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

What a brilliant idea. I wonder what other cycling treasure is hidden in the loft...
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

I am new to this site and I understand that I am late to reply to this topic; but I am a preservationist at heart and would have had no problem contributing to this endeavor.
Although I doubt I have anything that a museum would desire; I do think it is a good idea for your cycling museum(s) to post a "wish list" of items they are in need of. I would have no problem contributing something gratis (reimburse shipping only) if I knew it would go to a museum or even a historic shop still in operation that wants examples of their marque from the past. Of course, I never quite know what is considered valuable to others and what is just another bit of cycling ephemera to me, be it a brochure or complete bicycle.

Jesper
Take care,
Jesper