Grumpy people on CTC Forum

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
david143

Postby david143 » 4 Jul 2008, 4:19pm

kwackers wrote:
gaz wrote:Anyone wishing to crack this code and find true enlightenment should purchase a copy of the Code Analysis System Handbook, available only from gaz enterprises.

£9.99 + P&P, cheques payable to the initials for convenience.

However, reading between the lines...

blank being the answer to that.

The only thing you could say about that is it is either true or false, but there is nothing between the lines, even when I wear my glasses, between the lines is most definitely blank (except the monitor needs cleaning).

DaveP

Postby DaveP » 4 Jul 2008, 7:47pm

gaz wrote:[Listen very carefully I shall say this only once - Ma Crepes Suzette.

No room at all for misinterpretation there then.

Merci Beaucoup M'sieu Gaz. C'est incroyable...

peter236uk

re

Postby peter236uk » 4 Jul 2008, 8:29pm

Some people say there is not alot between my ears I off course disagree think its my head !!!!!!

ianr1950

Postby ianr1950 » 4 Jul 2008, 9:37pm

david143 wrote:
ianr1950 wrote:You have just answered the question.

Pointless

So why even bother replying or involving yourself on the forum if that is the case?

Why not?

ianr1950

Postby ianr1950 » 4 Jul 2008, 9:40pm

By the way Peter I think this a great thread. Just the sort I need to lighten up a boring day at work.

peter236uk

re

Postby peter236uk » 6 Jul 2008, 7:32am

I think sometimes we all miss the fun side of life out and get far to serious , plus as I can not ride my bike at the moment(knee) keeps me half sane or is that more mad than I already am.
I had to laugh yesterday always harping on about fuel and we should cycle more anyway it was my 25th wedding anniversary so as part of the day the family organized a pointless ride around the country side in a rolls Royce Phantom at about 15 miles to a gallon it did make me chuckle oh and it was very nice we all like to be spoilt.

What was even funnier we went past a couple of mates of mine on bikes so I was out the window telling them to get out of the way a mad mad world but you have just sometimes lighten the mood and have dam good laugh.
Last edited by peter236uk on 7 Jul 2008, 6:53am, edited 2 times in total.

DaveP

Re: re

Postby DaveP » 6 Jul 2008, 7:14pm

peter236uk wrote:we went past a couple of mates of mine on bikes so I was out the window telling them to get out the way

Must have made your day :lol:
Did you receive a "spirited" response initially?

gaz

Postby gaz » 6 Jul 2008, 8:46pm

Si wrote:No doubt it can be read in any number of ways and the lesson to be learned is that one should always strive to make one's meaning as clear as possible, and that on reading a comment .... you should ask for confirmation of the original poster's meaning

DaveP wrote:Did you receive a "spirited" response initially?

Dave P does "spirited" mean, "ghostly", "inebriated on scotch", or "bordering on the expletive", or something else I've failed to consider?

I've failed to find anything between the lines of your post to give me a clue, except for the bit between the first line and the last line but that didn't help. :wink:
Missing, presumed fed.

mhara

Postby mhara » 6 Jul 2008, 10:00pm

kwackers wrote:...Although given my knowledge of French amounts to the following phrases (in English) "My bike is very fast" and "you are very beautiful" I'm not sure if it would help. :wink:

Better than "My bike is very beautiful" and "you are very fast" I suggest. :lol:

Lawrie9

Postby Lawrie9 » 7 Jul 2008, 10:28am

I find the CTC forum mostly very friendly and well modded. It is healthy to argue and disagree a and find very little of the personal abuse and vindictiveness yo get on other sites. The worst was the now disbanded Country Living site. Those country women and farmers wives, when they got going could take on the Talaban, Russian and Chinese armies combined.

Dee Jay

Postby Dee Jay » 7 Jul 2008, 10:54am

Lawrie9 wrote:The worst was the now disbanded Country Living site.

Is this the former website of the magazine of the same name?
Dee

peter236uk

re

Postby peter236uk » 7 Jul 2008, 11:22am

Just been told off again by the moderator !!!! does make me smile though
Pete

pigman

Postby pigman » 7 Jul 2008, 11:32am

peter236uk wrote:Just been told off again by the moderator

what for? Have they taken the offending bit away? If not, I cant see anything offensive - but maybe I cant read between the lines ...

Si

Postby Si » 7 Jul 2008, 1:12pm

peter236uk wrote:Just been told off again by the moderator !!!! does make me smile though
Pete

Having re-read the PM that I sent you Peter I agree that it does sound more than a little blunt - I appologise publicly ... it was meant to be an explanation not a telling off but got a little carried away - difficult weekend, family drama, etc - I know, it shouldn't have been allowed to affect the post but hey, no one is perfect, not even the mods (no, really). However, I hope that you took on board the reasons for the amendment to the thread in question and you can see what I was doing, and why your post didn't help - although I accept it was well intentioned.

DaveP

Postby DaveP » 7 Jul 2008, 1:18pm

gaz wrote:Dave P does "spirited" mean, "ghostly", "inebriated on scotch", or "bordering on the expletive", or something else I've failed to consider?

I've failed to find anything between the lines of your post to give me a clue, except for the bit between the first line and the last line but that didn't help. :wink:

How about "spirited" in the sense of a lively or vigorous response, by word or by gesture?
TBH "bordering on the expletive" would be getting closeish. :lol: