Any modern phone experts?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tangled Metal

Any modern phone experts?

Post by Tangled Metal »

I have a Samsung A70 phone that I bought not long after it's release date. So that's almost 2 years. It's been getting worse with its temperamental behaviour. Or I'm anthropomorphising it.

Basically if I Swype a word or even type it and I type it wrong but don't select the right option that is shown then it'll keep giving the wrong spelling and the correct spelling seems to disappear from the dictionary. Also the delete key sometimes simply decides not to work. Then it'll suddenly start again.

There's a load of other errors and weird goings on with it. It seems to revolve around the screen being a bit temperamental.

Now my question is what could be the problem? I have a screen protector from when I first got it. It does need replacing but it has needed that from before it played up. It's about 2 years old which IME is when the battery plays up. Cynical part of me wonders if it's just another kind of built in obsolescence like phone batteries. Any experts out there with any idea why its playing up?
Jdsk

Re: Any modern phone experts?

Post by Jdsk »

I'd:

1 Remove the screen protector and clean the screen

and if that doesn't fix it:

2 Back up and do a factory reset.

Jonathan
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

You've been screen watching and tap, tap, tapping 26hrs a day. Turn your phone off for a week!!
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Not true anymore. I am still working (unusual perhaps for this forum) and I've been very busy all year so far so apart from sleeping, working and family there's not even 26 hours forums per week. Certainly less than many regulars on here.

This phone has had autocorrect/keyboard issues for several months it's just getting worse this past week in strange ways.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Not an android user (even given up on my work A20 and running dual sim in my iPhone) but does this work?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Oth ... d-p/362176
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

You could try 'G-board' for android by Google from the Play store and see if thats any better?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Recently bought a new Android tablet and a few months ago a new phone (hasten to add that both added together probably cost less than your Samsung). I just switched them on and all the apps and data from my old devices appeared like magic. But, back up vital stuff first as a precaution

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......