eBay commission & payment changes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Paulatic

Re: eBay commission & payment changes

Post by Paulatic »

Hellhound wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 3:40pm
Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 2:59pm
Hellhound wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 1:53pm I sold a item on ebay last Friday.
Buyer paid straight away so I posted the item Saturday am.Item received by buyer yesterday.
I got an email from ebay today stating funds have been sent to my account and will take 0-4 days :x
Under the old system the money would have been in my Paypal account instantly.

I will not be using ebay for sales in future.
I sold an item on Friday. The buyer paid Friday evening. The money was in my account yesterday (Monday)
I don’t think we can grumble at that can we?
Yes we can
With Paypal it was instant.This is a step back to the 1990s when transactions took 3 days!ebay get the money straight away and they should pass it on straight away.
Compare payment terms with my local auction rooms.
When You Can Expect Payment

After your goods have sold successfully, a sale result notification and payment will usually be posted to you within 14 days of the auction.
IIRC that instant Paypal payment went into my PayPal account and didn’t come to my account until the end of the month. If I hadn’t already spent it :lol:
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 4:01pm IIRC that instant Paypal payment went into my PayPal account and didn’t come to my account until the end of the month. If I hadn’t already spent it :lol:
You could/can withdraw that Paypal payment to your Bank account immediately :wink:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Hellhound wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 4:04pm
Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 4:01pm IIRC that instant Paypal payment went into my PayPal account and didn’t come to my account until the end of the month. If I hadn’t already spent it :lol:
You could/can withdraw that Paypal payment to your Bank account immediately :wink:
You certainly could but did you?
I never did.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 5:35pm
Hellhound wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 4:04pm
I never did.
After being ripped off for almost £100 years ago yes!As soon as it landed in my Paypal anything over £10 was transferred to my bank.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Hellhound wrote:
Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 5:35pm
Hellhound wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 4:04pm You could/can withdraw that Paypal payment to your Bank account immediately :wink:
I never did.
After being ripped off for almost £100 years ago yes!As soon as it landed in my Paypal anything over £10 was transferred to my bank.
From the PayPal website:

“How long will it take to withdraw money from my PayPal account to my bank account?

Please allow 3 - 5 business days for your bank to process the transfer and for the money to appear in your bank account.”

In effect little has changed except eBay send you the money nit PayPal.
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Syd wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 6:16am
Hellhound wrote:
Paulatic wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 5:35pm You certainly could but did you?
I never did.
From the PayPal website:
“How long will it take to withdraw money from my PayPal account to my bank account?
Please allow 3 - 5 business days for your bank to process the transfer and for the money to appear in your bank account.”
In effect little has changed except eBay send you the money nit PayPal.
Yes the blurb.
In reality,and I have well over 300 sales on ebay,the money can be withdrawn straight away.Plus if you decide to leave it in Paypal you can then spend it immediately so in fact it has changed and changed a lot :roll:
home

Post by home »

It may be down to the banks, rather than the Paypal, and changes in the system, e.g. throttles put in place to frustrate fraudsters/ money launderers.

For many of us eBay/Paypal was just a way to feed our addiction for whatever niche we were into, e.g. old bike stuff, not really to make money and, hence, keeping it in Paypal meant it didn't go to waste doing terrible things like paying bills or being wasted on Direct Debits. It was a neat way to keep the accounts separate, and to avoid setting up e-Banking (thereby avoiding the fraud risk that goes with it, a £1.3 billion+ industry in the UK).

Looking into user statistics to respond to the other current post, one thing came out which was that Covid was good for the arch-capitalists running eBay, as folks were force to sell off their valuables to survive. Including a disproportionate number of women, i.e. mothers.

Well, I suppose it beats going on the streets ...