Four Bent Coppers

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Four Bent Coppers

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
"Four police officers have been found guilty of covering up for a colleague punching a man five times in an "unprovoked attack"."

I found the whole thing pretty disgusting.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... p-24009833

"The officer flew into a rage after yelling "you better wind your f***ing neck in" and threatening to arrest Mr Bamber and put him in a cell, who replied: "Are you sure?"

McIntyre grabbed Mr Bamber, spun him around, and punched him four times to the face and once to the ribs"

"The jury was told McIntyre, Grant and Buchanan-Lloyd all switched their cameras on at the start of the incident, which they were trained to keep on, as it is key evidence.

However, Grant and Buchanan-Lloyd both turned off their cameras when things became violent, which Mr Barton said was a deliberate attempt to prevent independent evidence being recorded."

"All four constables will now face internal misconduct proceedings for breaches of the standards of professional behaviour connected to a criminal conviction, which could lead to their dismissal from the force and them being placed on the national Barred List preventing them from being re-employed in policing in future."
Interesting that they can be placed on the register which means they can't come back into the police force, I didn't know this existed but it sounds as though something is coming as of late, due to police officers joining in another area And through the back door, to go on then to kill someone.

They are due to be sentenced in a month by the court.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Four Bent Coppers

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Disgusting but not really surprising
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I don't for one minute believe this is an isolated incident.
There are and have been 'thugs' in our Police force for decades.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

What people need to understand is that those most likely to lie are the ones who are used to the idea that they'll always be believed.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I remember many years ago in a South Oxfordshire town, walking back from the pub through the town shortly after closing time this Police car charged round the corner rapid stop with front wheels on the pavement beside a small group, 4 coppers leapt out, beat the hell out of a small group all 4 leapt back in their Police car and charged-off.

Ian
rjb

Post by rjb »

Bent as a nine Bob note. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 10:07am"All four constables will now face internal misconduct proceedings for breaches of the standards of professional behaviour connected to a criminal conviction, which could lead to their dismissal from the force and them being placed on the national Barred List preventing them from being re-employed in policing in future."
Interesting that they can be placed on the register which means they can't come back into the police force, I didn't know this existed but it sounds as though something is coming as of late, due to police officers joining in another area And through the back door, to go on then to kill someone.
I think it came in after the death of Ian Tomlinson in 2009. A police officer called Simon Harwood struck Tomlinson for no reason but was not convicted of his manslaughter as Tomlinson had other health issues.

What became clear during investigations though was that Harwood had previously been involved in unnecessary violent force and had at one point left the Met Police to avoid the full weight of disciplinary action. He then joined the Surrey Police and then transferred back to the Met, all without previous incidences of his history being passed on or realised.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Ben@Forest wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 2:21pm
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 10:07am"All four constables will now face internal misconduct proceedings for breaches of the standards of professional behaviour connected to a criminal conviction, which could lead to their dismissal from the force and them being placed on the national Barred List preventing them from being re-employed in policing in future."
I think it came in after the death of Ian Tomlinson in 2009. A police officer called Simon Harwood struck Tomlinson for no reason but was not convicted of his manslaughter as Tomlinson had other health issues.

What became clear during investigations though was that Harwood had previously been involved in unnecessary violent force and had at one point left the Met Police to avoid the full weight of disciplinary action. He then joined the Surrey Police and then transferred back to the Met, all without previous incidences of his history being passed on or realised.
Yes that was the case I had in mind.
He got off and then cried in court................for himself not the loss of another life :roll:

https://www.college.police.uk/article/barred-list
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

I once had a temporary job at a company and they stuck me in the room their site engineers go in when between sites. A large company and only small part of an even bigger company. One of the engineers was an ex copper, did his full time and came out with a pension but still young enough to work. His wife was from a police family so he certainly had experience of police.

He was a very good storyteller and funny too. However he had nothing but bad things to say about police. If you listened to him then you'd think that they're all bent! If not bent unsuitable for their job. A lot of hardened drinkers who cover up for colleagues coming into work worse for wear from a night out. One story those drunk coppers were asleep in their traffic cop n cars on the m62 after a police officer's wedding the day before. I can't remember half the stories but my big takeaway was that he hated those still doing what he did for 30 years!!

I personally think that the bigger corruptions get to the public occasionally but it's also the minor corruptions that's considered ok by the forces and individual officers. I doubt any officer is completely clean. However turning a blind eye to a colleague who gets a freebie from a. Burger van every Tuesday isn't as bad as an officer killing a civilian.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Let’s face it it’s a glorified security guard and attracts Narcissistic types.
Having never been to court it is quite obvious let’s make it up as we go along, asked them for legislation so I could check on legislation.gov and they couldn’t even tell me what.

Seen an independent police complaint upheld after police did everything possible to bury it.

Friend locally died and serving police officer harassing the widow, chief Constable informed and tried to get minions to threaten until it was made clear YouTube and press would be involved.

Mental health patient denied a solicitor and told if paid from one privately made them look guilty.

Disappearing video footage.

Standard practice is to try and twist it so everyone to blame and nothing gets done.

Last people I would call is police
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

17 year old girl with learning difficulties hit more than 30 times with a baton.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... with-baton
The officer should also be charged with assault.
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Met Commissioner Robert Mark famously said that "A good police force is one that catches more crooks than it employs".
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

DaveReading wrote: 1 May 2021, 3:23pm Met Commissioner Robert Mark famously said that "A good police force is one that catches more crooks than it employs".
Locally a bunch ended up in crown court for harassment and lost their police careers.
It's the same tired old BS (video everyone & everything)

Repeatedly thrown them out the house without a warrant trying it on regards neighbours.