Coffee Makers

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ClappedOut

Re: Coffee Makers

Post by ClappedOut »

We have a bean to cup, food grade silicone and a service it has done thousands of cups.
nick12

Post by nick12 »

I'm still waiting to sample a coffee made with the aeropress before I buy one . I have a couple of original bialetti a one cup and two cup and love them. The single cup one I carry when touring.
Once stopped in a bus shelter in Cornwall to brew up out of the rain two old girls turned up and we're amazed at me making a brew with ground coffee.
I'm using lidl guatemalan coffee of late and love it.
Regarding tea for me the best tea has to be leaf Assam a good strong brew good colour and taste. Teabags just don't taste the same.
MrCJF

Post by MrCJF »

I've taken my regular coffee kit - Porlex hand grinder, Hario V60 and Aeropress and my usual beans to Cetre Parcs in Holland and Belgium but it never tasted as good, so the water must be a big factor in the taste. I have quite hard water at home.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I think water can make a huge difference to taste. A lot of it is what we are used to. Living in NE England I used to brew a lot of beer. Moved to Scotland and it never tasted the same but I did produce a nice lager. That was moving from hard to soft.
Living with soft water for 40 years when we visit Lincolnshire, hard, I can never finish a cup of tea. Never feel as if I’ve had a good wash either :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We have frequently visited Bedford in the past, and the water there is horrid.

I drove out to meet Ferrit Worrier in Crediton a few years ago when he was riding to LE. It took him some water to replenish his bottles. After the ride, he contacted me to ask where I'd bought the water because it was excellent. He was amazed to hear it was tap-water.

Our water here, is really nice, but I am very much aware that it varies throughout the country.

When under training in the RN, I was out in Fareham, Hampshire at the electrical engineering school, and the water there was horrid - just like we found the Bedford water.
Mick F. Cornwall