Anti cycling tropes on a gardening forum!!!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
jo' bo

Re: Anti cycling tropes on a gardening forum!!!

Post by jo' bo »

roubaixtuesday wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:36pm
jo' bo wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:31pm

I can only go with the facts you presented, which were few,
But as he accelerated at you it seem unlikely you had got out of his way as then he wouldnt be able to accelerate at you, would he ?

I've done advanced motorcycling and driving, if you apply much the same lessons about anticipation and control, then its usually fine, are their homicidal maniac who want to crush you under their wheels no reason? Yes I'm sure their are, I suspect they make up a vanishgky small % of the population
Your continued assumptions free of any facts are doubtless further evidence of your consideration for others.

In my experience, motorists who actively intend to bully other road users, including but not exclusively cyclists, are sufficiently common to be a menace.

Those who unintentionally or unthinkingly endanger cyclists are far more common.
let's try some FACTS

Why didnt you use forward observation to identify the issue and then in the full knowledgeable that their bullies out there, control the situation by geting out of the way and waving him through

May be you just met the homicidal maniac, in which case you were unlucky in the extreme, more likely someone having a really bad day
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

jo' bo wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:42pm
jo' bo wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:31pm

I can only go with the facts you presented, which were few,
But as he accelerated at you it seem unlikely you had got out of his way as then he wouldnt be able to accelerate at you, would he ?

I've done advanced motorcycling and driving, if you apply much the same lessons about anticipation and control, then its usually fine, are their homicidal maniac who want to crush you under their wheels no reason? Yes I'm sure their are, I suspect they make up a vanishgky small % of the population
Your continued assumptions free of any facts are doubtless further evidence of your consideration for others.

In my experience, motorists who actively intend to bully other road users, including but not exclusively cyclists, are sufficiently common to be a menace.

Those who unintentionally or unthinkingly endanger cyclists are far more common.
let's try some FACTS

Why didnt you use forward observation to identify the issue and then in the full knowledgeable that their bullies out there, control the situation by geting out of the way and waving him through

May be you just met the homicidal maniac, in which case you were unlucky in the extreme, more likely someone having a really bad day
My dear fellow, if you actually want to know the facts, you can always ask, rather than assume, as you now have done thrice.

When doing this, you could even choose to be considerate (remember, you are unique amongst us in your consideration for others).

That could take the form of assuming the best of others, rather than assuming they're an idiot and if only they had behaved as you would have, there would have been no problem.
jo' bo

Post by jo' bo »

roubaixtuesday wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:48pm
jo' bo wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:42pm

let's try some FACTS

My dear fellow, if you actually want to know the facts, you can always ask, rather than assume, as you now have done thrice.

When doing this, you could even choose to be considerate (remember, you are unique amongst us in your consideration for others).

That could take the form of assuming the best of others, rather than assuming they're an idiot and if only they had behaved as you would have, there would have been no problem.
It's a reasonable assumption that as I dont get people trying to kill me on a regular basis and you apparently, do. That perhaps it's you that the problem or that your just really unlucky, it must be one or the other
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Jdsk wrote: 14 May 2021, 2:20pm ... when I read some of the threads I'm increasingly tempted to think that there might, after all, be many worlds.

Jonathan
<snort>

I'm also wondering if this thread is showing some Stockholm Syndrome....
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

jo' bo wrote: 14 May 2021, 3:01pm
I dont get people trying to kill me on a regular basis and you apparently, do.
And further words put into my mouth by you.

I'm bored of this now, so you're on ignore from me, and you won't hear back.

I do suggest you try being more considerate though if you want any kind of fruitful discussion with others.