Recycling beer cans

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Recycling beer cans

Post by Mick F »

Yes, we have a recycling collection. Glass, plastic, paper/cardboard, cans ........................ but we don't bother taking it all down the drive. It's about 75yds to the front gate - just a track, nothing posh - so it's a faff to take the black non-recycling bag and make another trip (or two) with the recycling. They get collected on the same day along our road.

We save our stuff up, and take it to supermarkets or the council dump in the back of the car.

The cans get crushed using our can-crusher and dropped into a big bucket. It's the empty wine bottles that build up that takes the space in the porch. Tesco in Callington have stopped providing a bottle bank, and so have Cornwall Council in the car parks, so we have to wait until we go to Tavistock Morrisons where they still have a bottle bank. For how long they'll keep having it, I don't know.

I keep suggesting I make a bottle wall in the garden, but Mrs Mick F is dead against it .......... so I can't. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
[XAP]Bob

Re: Recycling beer cans

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Bottle patio?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.