I am not a real cyclist , so I have been told

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Govnor

Re: I am not a real cyclist , so I have been told

Post by Govnor »

Well I think our family are not real cyclists, more a ride round the block, pub for food and a few drinks as drink driving frowned upon.

I thought a real cyclist is the lycra, shades and miles and miles.
Couple of them we work with have special something or other brand in red.

These ebikes interest me
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I am not a real cyclist, either.

I am a utility cyclist.
I am transport cyclist.
I am a touring cyclist.
I am a leisure cyclist.
I am a commuter (cyclist).
I am a parent, cycling with children.
I am a parent, worrying about children cycling with friends.
I am an active travel activist.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Snobbery isn't ever going to be eradicated from the cyclosphere - so we'd better learn to live with it. Possibly most cyclists are both victims and perpetrators of snobbery, at one time or another. I know I am.

I'm tempted to scowl whenever I see an adult riding on the (non-shared) pavement - especially when the adjacent carriageway is quiet. Likewise when I see a teen on a bike with ultra-low, unusable saddle. But I also have had occasion to rail at the odd gang of roadies who think they own the road. And there are other things...

There, that's the 'snob' bit of my persona out of the way! :oops:

As to being the victim? Well I recall a certain well-known activist (late of this parish) dissing my steel Bianchi, which was fairly new back then and of which I was immensely proud. Of course he just had to be mounted on a Colnago....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).