Shoe sizing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Shoe sizing

Post by Mick F »

We were at a discount place the other day, and I was in need of a pair of "dog-walking" sandals. Excellent sandals and I'm exceeding pleased. £17.99

New sandals have no size markings at all anywhere, but the sticker on the box said size 8. The sandals fitted, so fine! :D

Comparing my new sandals to my long-standing expensive Lizard sandals, they are exactly the same size .................... but the Lizards are size 44 and marked as such on the soles. 44 is the metric equivalent to size 10 of course.

Wot's goin' on?
Mick F. Cornwall
francovendee

Re: Shoe sizing

Post by francovendee »

I think shoe sizing is just a hint. I always go for a bigger shoe than my size. Width is always the decider and I have to wear a bigger shoe to be comfortable.
My wife tells me dress sizes have little meaning. Depending on the dress they can be too small or large although the label is the same.
I think it's why I like engineering, a micron is a micron no matter where you are. :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes, you know where you are with proper measurements!

Found my sandals on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gola-Mens-Amp0 ... th=1&psc=1
I think I'll order a pair, because you can bet your bottom dollar that when I want to renew them, they won't be around.
Mick F. Cornwall
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

More importantly you should order a pair so you don't need to hop everywhere...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Mick F wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 9:10am Yes, you know where you are with proper measurements!

Found my sandals on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gola-Mens-Amp0 ... th=1&psc=1
I think I'll order a pair, because you can bet your bottom dollar that when I want to renew them, they won't be around.
if the originals weren't marked with a size but appear to be the same size as your 10s then maybe they were in the wrong box, might not be a good idea to order on line
NUKe

Post by Mick F »

I said that the sticker on the box said size 8. Very true, but I didn't tell the whole story.
There were little peel-off stickers on the soles of the sandals too, and they said size 8. That's all they were ......... little stickers.
Normally, shoes etc have an embossed size info and maker's name on them - either on the sole or in the insole - but these have nothing.
Not even the metric equivalent on the sticker, just "size 8".
Mick F. Cornwall